8.2.5 Content Update Notes

BoD might be the last cross realm mythic the Alliance sees for years.

2 Likes

So hyped for the new stuff in 8.2.5!

He/she is indicating the raids are not fun or engaging on the normal difficulty. The lack of incentive to push into heroic or mythic is why many guilds are ā€œdyingā€.

1 Like

Flex raids arenā€™t losing 1-2 players. Not the guilds I raid with. The raids have peaked at max participation at Uldir. We filled two raid groups nightly at thirty raiders. But the main reason why I have 0/8 progression on Heroic on PoE is no one can be bothered to show up and push Heroic because they donā€™t enjoy it. Normal participation already crests barely above the minimum of 10.

Itā€™s not gear or mechanics difficulty. Itā€™s a dislike for the raid. BoD already struggled to have enough interest to raid Heroic where it just died, it became a ā€œweā€™ll do that filler raid to try the new passives and then come back with that gearā€ and now itā€™s a ā€œWeā€™re probably not going to bother pushing heroic this tier.ā€

I find this a pretty subjective opinion. Iā€™ve found all 3 raids so far to be amazing.

With M+ being spammable and the abundance of WF/TF many people never set foot in raids since gear can be easily achieved elsewhere.

Best of luck to you then. Since the classic floodgates opened it must be hard to get a full roster.

Weā€™ve definitely lost a number to it lol. For the time being anyways.

Quite the opposite really, the raid leaders who can be bothered weathering the storm have never had so many opportunities when it comes to recruiting S Tier talent.

A lot of average guilds who had 1/2 stars but wanted to stay with friends are now available because their friends have quit for classic.

The landscape of the oceanic scene though is very sad.

3 top 10 OCE guilds have died in 3 weeks.

I know that lol. My guild had about 20-30 people on each night. Right now it hasā€¦3

1 Like

Thatā€™s entirely intended for people who want progression but donā€™t really want to raid. Are you one of those people who thinks, ā€˜if we remove content that I donā€™t like maybe will start doing the content I do likeā€™?

My guild and btag list has people crawling back to retail in droves. We have so many people wanting to raid that weā€™re going to open up a second team and possibly a third team.

1 Like

Good, because that is the one thing BFA has - raids. PvP is and has been left to rot in the dumpster. Transmogs are generic. Class design is horrid.

Since youre here could you give us some clarification on this:

ā€œAlliance players can work with Barry to locate the hive and court the favor of the Hivemother in order to earn the Honeyback Harvester mountā€

Will the mount, when learned, be usable by both sides like the other quest earned mounts or is it faction locked to Alliance only?

1 Like

Will the Honeyback Harvester be useable by horde toons?

1 Like

Mythic raiding being logistically prohibitive does kill a lot of heroic guilds off completely though, and itā€™s been getting worse as the logistics get worse across anything outside the few mega-pop realms. Thereā€™s not much incentive to stick around farming heroic for a few months if youā€™re not going to push into mythic, and not much incentive to push into mythic if the recruitment pool makes hitting and staying at a decent roster size to support 20-man raids unlikely.

2 Likes

True, but itā€™d be much too hard to make mythic work for a flex raid size. It simply wouldnā€™t be possible.

Subjective.

Highly subjective.

Iā€™m starting to see this whole subjective pattern you have going on here.

I knew itā€¦black prince would be in there somewhereā€¦there is a guy down in the elite naga area that something to the effect of being an agent of the black princeā€¦I dont remember what it was now. But I thought it was strangeā€¦and just knew he had to be coming up somewhere in this deal.

Well then tell us all how PvP is flourishing, how the transmog sets are not generic per armor class, and how thrilling the GCD changes and pruning has made class rotations and toolkits.