8.2.5 Content Update Notes

I enjoyed seeing what is going to be added but I don’t want to be seeing this patch drop when there’s snow on the ground and Halloween’s been over

2 Likes

I’m crying :rofl:

1 Like

Good because I stole it from a video I can’t find anymore.

Actually I found it.

~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0--LVjBKkQ&t=1m48s

You should enjoy.

3 Likes

Whoa theres nothing in this patch for me.

I really can’t believe the lack of account wide essences, are you guys mad?

Anyone who says this expansion is anything but not-alt friendly is gas-lighting or have far more free time on their hands than most working adults.

6 Likes

I too can’t believe that something they never promised or acknowledged isn’t going to be in game.

This patch has nothing, It’s going to be it for up to 3-4 months. The expansion is in ruins and guilds are dying all over the place. I don’t want a bunch of stans who have grinded 4 characters to 65 tell me how the system is fine because my guild went from having a full alt Uldir run each week to having two people who can be bothered to level their alts (and they stopped it)

Blizzards thought: If we make them grind again, they’ll be LOGGED ON LONGER!

Reality is a lot of people just aren’t bothering, including myself. This game is in the worst spot I’ve ever seen it and I’m scared of losing half my roster because there is nothing for people like me in this patch. Azshara doesn’t even drop a mount in Mythic, how are we supposed to farm this for 3-4 months?

6 Likes

Totally false. You absolutely will have the chance to see plenty of mentions of Teldrassil and the night elves getting revenge in the conclusion. All you have to do is…

Just type “/say This is for Teldrassil! This is our revenge!” while doing the last quests. You can spam it a bunch, and then you and everyone around you will see MANY mentions of Teldrassil.

But no voice acting. Voice acting will be reserved for the more important things. Like moments where you’re deciding which Horde heroes you want to help.

4 Likes

I hate to break this to you but people like you who farm Mythic at all, much less for a mount, are already a vast minority.

Raid guilds are dying because the raids are boring, not because essences are a grind. The most active raids ever were was during Uldir, guilds have been dying off ever sense as far as being bothered for raid, whether they were alts or not.

Know what was a grind for alts before essences? AP. At no point was this expac ever going to be alt friendly, and they made it very clear at every turn that it wasn’t a priority.

Yeah I’m so glad now that now when the thought of making an alt has TWO obstacles in the way of me deciding to it. Truly great content.

Also,

This is wrong, the raids are amazing and palace has been a very fun tier (outside of Azshara). People are quitting because they don’t want to do the infinite grind out of raid and the content offered isn’t enjoyable.

Warfronts, Islands? Suck. Worst content ever added to this game and I’ve been playing for 15 years.

1 Like

Yeah, man, let me tell you. Behemoth? Underwater content has always been the best. That Ashvane fight where you beat on a full health bar two or three times? Phenomenal. And let’s not forget Safety Dance 2.0 with instant death mechanics!

Almost as good as watching paint dry.

BfD already put raiding on life support, PoE basically killed it.

Yeah hoping you can tell me more about PvE with your huge 8/8 Normal raid clear.

Any tips for mythic azshara?

I think it is going to end with some lore characters switching Factions…

…and players will have the option to do the same in next expac.

3 Likes

No, because I have never done a Mythic raid and never will. I can’t be bothered to grind it. But at this point during Legion last year, I was pushing AoTC Heroic raids regularly, and can’t be bothered to care this one.

Nice elitism though. Clearly no one can have an opinion except the .01%. Good look.

1 Like

Here’s a thought, maybe you shouldn’t be commenting on mythic raiding if you haven’t done mythic raiding?

Wild i know.

This is not true. The raid encounter design itself is not where things are taking a nose-dive at all.

Bigger reasons:

1. Failure to make use of Connected Realm tech to bring together low and medium pop servers into larger clusters. (Their neglect of this has been utterly, atrociously egregious, and is not a new problem, it’s been building steadily for years).
  2. Resistance to allowing cross-realm mythic raiding at an early point in the tier’s life-span.
  3. Everything’s connected. Mythic raiding recruitment pools are affected by the general size of the playerbase. If an expansion is misfiring on all other cylinders, mythic raiding suffers too. BFA is a disaster for so many reasons outside of anything to do with raiding.
2 Likes

Here’s a thought.

Not once have I mentioned Mythic raiding at all. Only raiding.

Maybe try some reading comprehension? Wild, I know.

Oh yes the raid guilds that are 8/8 normal all tier. Crazy

Got it, so we’re going to double down on being elitist. No one is allowed to observe or talk about the state of raiding except for Mythic raiders.

4 Likes

Maybe I should have specified, that’s my bad.

I was specifically talking about “raid guilds” dying off in droves because you require 20 people for Mythic. I find it much harder to believe guilds that can flex raid are dying off in droves when 1-2 players quit.

The raids have been great.

2 Likes