Anyway, to my actual response
Overall, I’ve only done Hordeside so far (About to Alliance right after I finish this post). My feedback is overall positive. But here’s it laid out, anyway. Spoilers ahead, lads
The Horde War Campaign was a lot of fun!
- The attack on the Norwington estate was pretty generic, but I did have fun in that series of quests. I liked that the Kul Tirans, when spotting Rexaar, did actually know that he was the man who killed their beloved Admiral!
- I LOVE Zelling. Like seriously, he’s the most wholesome Forsaken I’ve ever met, and I want him to be like, reconcile with his family one day. I also love that Lillian Voss quietly ensured his family had a decent life. Like… You go Lillian! (Vote 1: Lillian for Forsaken Queen)
- Gallywix is an idiot, but it’s the first time in the game that I’ve found him to be a loveable one. I kinda want him and Mekkatorque to have this rival bromance forevermore.
- SYLVANAS’ NEW SHIP IS AMAZING AND I WANT ONE.
- I found it interesting that we’re seeing… discontentment with Sylvanas in the ranks. Rexaar and Valtrois are both unhappy, but… they’re going along with it all, for now. I think it’s safe to say that they won’t do so forever.
Darkshore was interesting enough, in its own way.
- For free-willed undead, Delaryn and ESPECIALLY Sira converted to Sylvanas’ side TOO quickly for my liking. I loved the Kul Tiran Forsaken in the old War Campaign… because becoming undead was an adjustment. Something they had to get used to. These guys went from full Alliance to full Horde in like 3 seconds. I’m okay with it… on the condition we see a Lord-Godfrey-esque betrayal in the future. If they’re planning something, it makes sense. If not… I’m not so sure. Even with the Forsaken’s initial compliance phase upon being raised… this was too quick, and too calculated.
- Darkshore is really pretty though. And Teldrassil legit made me tear up. It’s beautiful, but depressing… because of what happened there.
In short: I loved the War Campaign, and I… well I’m worried about Darkshore, but I’m willing to wait and see. It certainly hasn’t ruined anything for me, and I had a lot of fun overall!
Edit: I forgot to add that I greatly enjoyed the Blood Elf Heritage Armor storyline too. Didn’t really learn anything new from it, but it was a nice recap of Elven History, which is what it was meant to be, I think. I reckon it should be accessible at low levels… it’d be a nice intro for new players who have exactly zero lores. But that’s just a stray thought.