7 day suspension

The appeal will both verify the penalty and review what caused it. They do sometimes get overturned. Since it is close to 24 hours, you should get a response shortly.

If you find it is not overturned, you can appeal again, up until they advise you no further appeals are accepted. This can occur though on the first response.

5 Likes

Something to keep in mind is that PVP nonparticipation takes place over several rounds. Typically what we’ve seen here is someone stayed behind to protect something and didn’t go with the group.

Going against the group can get you reported for nonparticipation and, if done enough over several rounds, will result in a suspension.

PVP, and Battlegrounds especially, is a group effort. Sticking with the group’s plan is the safest way to complete a BG without running the risk of a nonparticipation report.

2 Likes

Yes, during the appeal process if we find the original penalty was applied in error, it will be overturned.

The duration of the penalty, even for first offenses, is meant as a deterrent. Non-participation in Battlegrounds can be such a big issue that impacts a lot of players. It often goes unreported and unpunished for many, so just providing a minor warning doesn’t usually have the impact that it needs to.

8 Likes

Yeah i have a ticket number.
How does the ban system work in this game? Is it automated based of mass reporting? I been reading many topics about bans on bgs, seems like some also get a ban because people report you for not playing the battleground they way they want, like zuging in the middle for 45mins or defending bases for too long. Seems like a very flawed system if thats the case.

Nothing is automated except for a squelch everything else is handled by a real botom line is logs dotn lie GM go by logs do they make mistakes yes but they go by logs not player hearasay.

2 Likes

Have you been punished before? If so, then this is reasonable.

Never had a suspension. My first, thats why I thought it was extreme because i have been reading of people getting 24hrs or even 3 days from RMT, idk if they are true but just the stuff i been reading

1 Like

No. What I mean is, have you ever been warned/silenced?

Just a few other posts about this very topic:

5 Likes

I have never been warned or silenced

Damn, that’s harsh then.

i wouldn’t expect much less from the same ones that gave me a 7 day ban from retail and classic for calling someone the “r-word”… before their new contract.

but this is what “everyone” wants nowadays.

Yeah, I agree. I was silenced for a week, even though a persons first silence is suppose to be 24 hours so idk where i messed up at.

1 Like

For non-participation players may report you if they feel you may be /afk or not participating. When enough reports are received in a match you will usually receive a temporary debuff that encourages you to get into combat. If you do not, you are usually removed from the match.

Those reports may also trigger an investigation, but none of that is automated. A member or members of a specific team are tasked for these kinds of things and will look into the reports and your in-game behavior to determine if there is evidence of participation in the Battleground or not.

Some may report if you are not participating in the manner they feel you should, but that doesn’t necessarily do anything. As I said, the application of those penalties are not automated. They are based on your actions, and the data your actions provide.

With that said, it is important to keep in mind that a Battleground is a team event. You aren’t there solo, so to a degree, it is often necessary to work with your team. If you are going off by yourself to defend a lone tower, without the support of your team, and you never really encounter anyone else to defend against, well, that really isn’t participating.

10 Likes

Yeah i know thats why i was so surprised. Literally only did bgs that one single day. Ill just bite the bullet and take it as a learning opportunity. I could use some time away from the game too lol

Honestly if u cant be nice or say nice things ingame then dont say anything at all im glad blizzard has and always will crack down on these comments they dont belong ingame or on the forums.

1 Like

Which is no different to the original, in fact, it’s paraphrasing the original.

Not necessarily, and policies do change.

6 Likes

and i say “boo hoo.”

it’s no different from people calling hunters “{removed}”… it’s just a word.

Yes, most people want an end to a toxic environment to spend their free time in. That includes not wanting to see disparaging words and name calling.

We are doing what we can to address that.

Yes, and we’ve penalized folks for doing so. Just because it is a common practice, doesn’t mean it is a correct one.

It isn’t though. Words have meaning and impact, especially when directed. I’m sorry if you don’t feel the same.

I am sorry that your excursion into Battlegrounds resulted in a penalty. We do try to provide what warnings we can. Good luck to you!

And with that, I think I’ll close this one. Thanks, all.

12 Likes