63, Retired, all kinds of time. My children got me into WoW as a joke

Now the joke is on them. I play hours a day, every day. I am probably not very good at it but I have fun. I have mostly played solo, playing very little in groups or inside dungeons. I tried a few pickup group Dungeons, but feel like I’m slowing down the kids running them.
I wondered if there were any guilds out there made up of people in similar circumstance, that would be willing to train a virtual neubie?

I am working on gathering enough gold for a gametime token, as I am on a fixed budget and the game time my kids gave me is on its last month.

24 Likes

This post is extremely powerful.

There was a guild around about a year ago that might fit what you want. They were called Old Soles, I don’t know what happened to them. Very nice group of folks.

If you have trouble getting game time, hit me up in game - we’ve all been there and 'tis the season.

5 Likes

Now to make this into a powerful joke, use your free time to get exceptionally good gear and defeat your children. I assume they likely have obligations now outside the game like school and work. Use it to your advantage AND DEFEAT THEM!!

13 Likes

Thanks, Mistwight.
I’ll try to look them up.
You are correct, it is the season, I am hoping my kids will spring for another month or two and drop the cards in my stocking.

5 Likes

Old Soles is still around. i’m a founding member - no longer active with them because the emphasis shifted away from RP. For the social side of things & for running content you should definitely check them out.

And if you are interested in RP, check out Stormwind University’s public faction-neutral events. I’ll be there about 90% of the time.

3 Likes

Hmmm, maybe, Juspions. My son used to win serious prizes in sponsored competition. His rig and gear are hellacious. But I do have age, wisdom and treachery on my side. And he may have lost a bit of his edge after getting married and having to work a REAL job.

Kunbo, I am not to sure about RP. The few times I tried RPing with folks it seemed like they were just looking for cybersex. I’m not into THAT crap, especially with strangers that could be anything but what they represent themselves as, and likely under age to boot.

7 Likes

Honestly the range of people we have in WRA even just agewise is cool. You sound like a fun person

3 Likes

Nogroc, what is WRA?

2 Likes

WRA is shorthand for the Wyrmrest Accord server.

2 Likes

Thank you
You don’t learn if you don’t ask.

7 Likes

For what it’s worth, I’d be willing to bet that this has more to do with inexperience in general rather than age. My guild leader is well into her 50s and raids Heroic every week; there shouldn’t be anything outside of the hardest-of-the-hardcore content that’s inaccessible to you with practice.

Kunbo, How would I get an invite to Old Soles? I had no luck using the Guild and Communities finder thingy.

Yes, I tend to agree with you, I do need to find people that are willing to put up with my inexperience and aging computer and my own poor response time before I can gain the needed experience. Not sure about improving my poor eye hand coordination…but I’m told online gaming can help with that.

And Liotuse….That just seems random.

2 Likes

We purposefully trained Liotuse wrong as a joke.

3 Likes

You’ll get better, Ann. For what it’s worth, my dad first introduced me to a game called King’s Quest many, many years ago and we had lots of fond memories playing through that series.

A few years back, I got him a copy of WoW so we could play together - he’s in his 70s. I figured we’d only play together and I had to do a LOT to help him out at first.

Fast forward to now. He has to now help me with the game, because I’m busy chasing my son and he’s got all that retired time to play all the time! He had to cut me a loan to get a transmog yak…so pretty sure soon this will be you too, and your kids will be asking you for advice and how to do things. :wink:

The reflexes generally do get better, though he still is awful about reading his chat.

4 Likes

Dang maybe I should get my parents into WoW so instead of begging for allowance money I can beg them for gold.

Mom I need gold for a brutosaur mount!!

No! You haven’t logged on for weeks and don’t do any of your dailies. If you just logged in and did your dailies you’d have the gold and you need to wor-

BUT MOM I HAVE TO GO TO MY JOB

10 Likes

At the risk of being forward, the jerks from Antique Rogue Show would like to lend a hand. Please reach out to an officer at battle tag jcayoevans#1144 or itsaelf#1401 so we can hook you up with some game time. Alternately, you can email me at burquern42(at)gmail(dot)com.

And, yeah, there’s a reason we call ourselves antique. :wink:

8 Likes

Mâlcontent is the guild leader - you could try sending an ingame mail.

you can also use the /who command in the chatbox.

/who Old Soles
will tell you if anyone from Old Soles is ingame. Then you can whisper them.

Old Soles is a Horde-side guild, so you’d need to be on a Horde character to contact them.

Kunbo, Thank you so much. I had no clue about the commandline search features…and likely a good many other things I haven’t yet uncovered.
I sent treemail to Mâlcontent and am waiting for a response.

1 Like