62 Threads 4 replies

off topic:

I’m glad to see your green text back mirasol!

1 Like

4head argument. GD never disappoints.

Like I have said , they should set up topics like they do for beta and ptr with the Blizz logo covering various topics along with threads made by player members .

THis will make it easier for replies as well as making it easier for the rest of us to view as well as make comments on the threads here in GD .

Just because we can’t post in the threads over there doesn’t mean we can’t comment about them in here .

not a great sign for 9.2

feel like it was have some small tweaks but come out with the same designs that have driven most of the players away

the system bloat in 9.2 is pretty ugly and almost all of the council feedback will result in loss of cash shop revenue

we’ll see if that value proposition makes it past the out of touch dev bosses

Please link me the responsibilities of the Community Managers and we can see which ones they aren’t doing.

If you aren’t going to offer anything, might I suggest you forward these streamers some new career opportunities via that link? :kissing_heart:

Which job? They are not CMs or Devs. They are arguably part of marketing and PR but that is an agreed on arrangement.

If you want to read the CM job description you can. I posted a recent one on the CC forum in a topic that had questions about the various roles of CMs, Mods, etc.

No, I don’t agree at all with the limited nature of Blizzard communications and never have. BUT, so far, CMs are not supposed to be entertainment personalities.
EDIT -

I have those and recently posted in CC.

See above link.

1 Like

It felt genuine, but I can’t stop thinking about how he referenced a CM by their real name numerous times. That really undermines things IMO and makes me feel like there was some sort of hidden agenda :\

2 Likes

Compile and relay meaningful feedback on the sentiment, suggestions, and concerns of the community

:angry: How dare they just lurk in these threads without contributing.

Community Council is a great demonstration of Blizzard’s approach on communication.

They do none of them.

Psh, you’re no fun. Like a puppy who didn’t win a game of tug-o-war. Oh well, on to find a better troll.

They do the job that Blizzard has asked them to do as outlined in the job posting requirement in my link above.

The problem is that what Blizzard expects of them and what you hope/expect them to do are different.

Yes, there should be more communications on a ton of things but the CMs themselves are not at fault for doing what they are told. Blizzard overall has a communications problem and has for YEARS.

2 Likes

Is he because according to his twitter he just deals with streamers now .

So there’s a requirement that says “Don’t post more than once every 6 months”?

So you’re placing some blame on customers.

1 Like

Your expectations are placed squarely on YOU. That is not blame. Only you can control your expectations. What you want, and what the bosses want, are two different things.

I currently expect a low level of comms because that is what Blizzard does. I can HOPE that it gets better though and keep telling them that like I have for years.

I agree with you that the amount of communications is abysmal and despite the genuine wishes of hte CMs, they don’t improve.

Blizz mgt has a thing about not letting anyone who represents teh company talk without it being checked in triplicate by lawyers and PR.

Most of what is posted is “published” in that it goes through draft, review, edit, and approval stages.

2 Likes

Even when we’re paying more and receiving less. Aight.

2 Likes

Then don’t expect anyone to stick around when we’re left holding the ball.

1 Like

You don’t pay for the forums, I hate to say. They do lock access to some parts to active subs, but that is to keep out spam. What we pay for is access to the game servers. Not even individual characters. We own nothing at all, not even our Bnet accounts.

The cost of the game has remained the same per month for $17 years. At least in the US. Currency changes will impact costs in other regions.

They could shut down the forums tomorrow and we would have no recourse. They are not part of our Sub.

I hope they don’t do that, but some companies have and have moved totally to other platforms.

2 Likes

The game and servers are garbage. So what is that really saying?

2 Likes

Looking at the twitter profiles of some of these “council” members and it’s about what I expected. Make sure to stock up on popcorn because these types always cause drama

3 Likes