60+c on my 3070 at max settings

Okay this is on me for doing this and putting the render scale up to 200%, but i didn’t actually expect Wrath of the Lich king, a 14 year old game, to not only have ray traced shadows (which that in itself is weird), but at max settings, makes my GPU heat up to 62c on my MSI afterburner. Even after i’ve capped the fps to 75.

Normally, this sort of stuff only happens if i modded The Witcher 3 to have the higher then ultra graphics, played newer games with ray tracing on, or messed too much on ReShade… But this is new.

Just figured i would share this bit of weirdness that happened to me while on my quest to get the mount.

3070s Idle at 50-60. Anything below 75 degrees is considered normal while running a 3d application. Even with control panels, fan speed is throttled below 75 degrees unless you mod your drivers as an anti-noise thing.

Mine whenever i’m at idle is at 32c usually, with the AC on, it drops to 25c.

I know, i’m just saying it’s weird for a 14 year old game to be doing this.

check your cpu fan

I’m guessing if the CPU usage is high, that means the GPU has to carry what load couldn’t be hold with the CPU and hence why the GPU temp reached 60?

the temp seems really high for wow. If you have a cooling problem, you don’t want to ignore it

Have you tried under-volting the GPU? You don’t need much power for wow on max settings. Under-volting it will reduce the temps by quite a bit.

I’ve lowered the render scale down to 100% considering that what caused it. (Still at 40c oddly enough, though my guess it’s probally to do with the ray traced shadows)

And i necessarily don’t want to, considering i’ve played other games that would benefit my GPU performing at it’s fullest like Spiderman for one, or Dying Light 2, and etc.

Don’t worry about it. That’s within spec for that card. Case can play a role too in temps too. My 3080 runs much hotter.