60 ilvl of titanforging? Seriously?

At 361 ilvl, you get 370s from WQ emissaries. You only need 10 ilvl of warforging to cover the range from 355-361 where this is an issue. If the WQ emissaries were scaled in a more fine grained way, you wouldn’t need warforging at all.

I think we could keep 10-15 ilvl of realistic forging without having the substantially higher amounts of forging that cause the motivation difficulties most are talking about in this thread.

2 Likes

Even if the chance of a 60 ilvl upgrade was one in a million, you should expect to see at least a few ones every now and then if you consider how many people out there plays this game.
Right?

I guess I logged out in my AH outfit. I’m on a RP server; wearing armor into the AH is frowned on.

You don’t even play the game anymore you troll the forums.

If you’re really curious why is it such a stretch to think i might be curious as well?

I have two different data sets. Wowprogress which i KNOW you cannot fake, and a linked armory from a hidden profile with different gear.

These two do not match up.

Incorrect. The maximum possible ilvl is 425.

1 Like

Thanks, good to know.

Yeah, I don’t disagree. But they baked in a chance for a much higher end result, which we are kinda stuck with for now. I, for one, am not complaining, even though I have yet to see anything beyond a normal Titan or Warforging.

Some of you people are really defensive for no reason whatsoever.

1 Like

eh - they withdrew the comment, so I won’t respond.

Gear is just something you really can’t worry about anymore. By can’t I mean you really don’t have to think about it. It just comes no matter what you are doing. At the very least I can’t take gear, or gear farming, very seriously anymore. What comes I’ll wear and that’s that.

Weapons can only get wf’ed up to +10 ilvls.

So you can’t titanforge a weapon.

3 Likes

Yes you can, I have a 415 2-hander from a +10.

Then it came from your weekly chest. Weapons are capped at +10 from source level. (And yes this CAN be labeled as titanforged, but it’s still capped at +10)

For your weekly that means 420 cap. Since it’s 410 base.

PS: Mind equipping that?

2 Likes

According to Watcher (Ion), they can’t.

If you got it from your weekly mythic + chest, then it warforged from the chest ilvl, which has a base of 410 for a +10 reward.

It should say “warforged” or “titanforged” on the item.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this also means that if you do care about your gear being good, you’re thrown in the drag of a number hell that is simming. You can’t just aim to hit certain stat caps like you used to and it’s almost never immediately clear that one piece of gear is an upgrade compared to another. It’s tiresome and frustrating.

2 Likes

I’m not home so I can’t, but they definitely can minimum Titanforge, just incredibly unlikely.

That’s from over a year ago, hence; “The current thinking is to not let weapons Titanforge but only Warforge (+5 item levels)”

Before BFA started, I thought they should at a minimum include trinkets with weapons as not being able to TF. Trinkets are probably the biggest offender to normal gear progression. It is already annoying that the best trinkets for raiding for my main come out of mythic+. Regardless, I’m using world quest trinkets at the moment for raiding and that feels odd.

Maybe a middle ground is adding trinkets to azerite armor that can’t upgrade or at least make them like weapons.

I wouldn’t quote the summary that WoWhead listed, but the actual quote from Ion in the video.

No, they cannot. Again, if you have a dungeon weapon at 415, it came from your chest. This is not something you can argue. Feel free to post later when you’ve equipped it and i’ll tell you exactly WHEN you looted it from your chest.

1 Like