6 years to unlock all duck colors?!? No more account wide WoW?!?!?

I just saw this wowhead article: https://www.wowhead.com/news/it-will-take-six-years-to-unlock-all-the-colors-on-the-duck-disguiser-blizzard-338470#comments

It said in there it is not a bug and is intended to be character specific and not account wide, but to post on feedback forum(which I don’t even see), to have this changed. I do not understand WHY this is character specific, when with warbands in The War Within alot of cosmetic stuff will be accomplished by being you know, account wide. Please revert this change.

59 Likes

For once something isn’t bait. This is absolutely absurd to have this in the game in such a way.

42 Likes

It’s variations of a minor duck transformation, I don’t really care.

If they did this for significant rewards I might be annoyed.

10 Likes

Eh, I think it’s just another way of them creating bad/drawn out “content” that is ultimately trivial to complete but is hindered by some unnecessary system.

An aside fun fact about ducks though! They are classified as a red meat which is why you can cook them to a nice medium rare so regardless of color on the outside make sure they are nice warm red on the inside.

16 Likes

Literally who cares man

5 Likes

It says at the bottom
“So if you think this should be changed it would be through feedback/suggestions, rather than a bug report.”

Here’s my feedback. STOP DOING THINGS LIKE THIS!

Just let us learn the things and they drop off the duck boss if anything and it be account wide. That’s it. That’s my feedback.

30 Likes

I don’t know why anyone actually believes anything is gonna improve in terms of account wide promises from blizz. So long as Pepe customisations remain non-account wide, none of their claims should be believed.

12 Likes

The people who would like to have fun with the new toy and not wait six years for something that isn’t account wide.

If it’s so trivial to you, then there’s no reason to get worked up over other people’s opinions.

37 Likes

I don’t like that my alts can’t even use the toy unless I drag them through the quest chain to earn their own coloring (and yet another toy). I would like to see the coloring open account wide, just like the toy is account wide. Even if that means only 1 color per year, whichever color the 1st toon picked.

Also, no where has Bliz said it will take 6 years. Simply that other colorings will be offered in future events. People are assuming this means only Noblegarden.

Really annoyed I have to run my alts through that. And that future alts can’t use the toy at all.

9 Likes

Fair point. Wowhead said it. So you’re right. They may treat it like Pepe with costumes.

Folks have a lot of faith that they’re gonna be around (or even that the game is gonna progress and be around) in 6 years for this to be a significant issue they’ll have to struggling with and endure.

I’m just trying to make it the next 24 hours at a time.

2 Likes

Except the quote from Blizzard doesn’t say 6 years, it says “future events” so it could be added to other holidays etc.

It will start with variations of something minor, then one day a intern or someone will suggest lets expand it this so we can get more metrics and numbers… its only the start.

6 Likes

Yeah I really can’t bring myself to care about this, nor can I imagine why anyone else would lol

It’s a toy. Pick your favorite color and get other ones next year. Or don’t. Who cares?

1 Like

It’s a stupid duck costume not a mog set.

I get worked up because there’s so much negativity and actual issues that need to be fixed, and people wanna die on this Quacking hill.

2 Likes

bro it’s a duck.
It’s not a big deal.

1 Like

You’re allowed to not like it. Others do enjoy it. Your opinion isn’t everyone’s. Respect other people’s perspectives.

4 Likes

This makes me wonder if warbands are not as universal as we were told.

11 Likes

How many years did it take you to collect all the Kids Day pets?

It’s nothing new. You won’t even notice next week. You will forget about the toy in a month.

Seriously, how much of an “outrage” is it really?

1 Like

There will be stuff not part of it. Systems they can’t make account wide yet. Some they don’t have time to, etc.