6 week wait for Catalyst in DF S1

Blizzard has officially announced tier for S1 and the biggest news (since the bonuses are all pretty mediocre by design), is that Catalyst isn’t coming until Week 6 of the Season. So unless Blizzard announces Tier drops in M+ and PvP, those players will have to wait 10 weeks at the S3 rate of 1 charge per week to get 4 set :

We’ll have more details to share on everything Catalyst-related in a future update, but for now it’s worth mentioning that we’re planning on keeping the unlock cadence the same to start – that is to say, the 6th week after the Mythic Raid becomes available in Dragonflight Season 1.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-dragonflight-season-1-class-sets/1354609

6 Likes

What seems to be the problem here?

Catalyst should be a catch-up mechanic.
Raid 1 Tier shouldn’t be immense.
This solves the issue of Raids being obsolete

18 Likes

they can go ahead and get it from the raid like everyone else.

6 Likes

Ion, thanks for being very backwards with what some of your players wanted this in the first place to feel FUN.

13 Likes

8 Likes

6 weeks is a pretty long time to make 1 pc of tier a week.

Especially considering how small the bonuses are, there’s no harm in making the Catalyst available faster to players who don’t raid or raiders who have had bad luck.

15 Likes

It shouldn’t be delayed at all, but since the tier set bonuses mostly aren’t all that strong, especially compared to SoTFO bonuses, it won’t be as punishing to not have them for a bit.

8 Likes

Bad luck is one thing, but if they don’t raid, why do they need tier at all, let alone early on?

Note, I agree that the delay is not a wise idea, unless it is 6 weeks from expansion drop and not from raid drop. But the way some use the “they don’t do content” argument then complain about things like this, well, just shows they want to keep others down while building themselves up. Which, I don’t think you are doing in this case.

3 Likes

they really want to push this whole raid thing huh?
:dracthyr_nervous_animated:

7 Likes

I mean, if you put effort into something you’d want people to do it to.

2 Likes

Raiding needs something “special” to draw people in, otherwise most will spam M+ for gear.

5 Likes

what the problem is? still doesn’t explain why there’s a delay

they’re gonna let you convert the gear from M+ anyway, so it’s clearly not an effort/reward thing
:nerd_face:

6 Likes

thought you all raid for the fun
guess not.

16 Likes

M+ ?

What ?

How is this a question in 2022.

Quote says 6 week from the opening of Mythic.

If the only thing keeping raiding relevant is 6 weeks of tier exclusivity, time to take a good long look at raiding and its future.

13 Likes

People do raid for fun, the problem is that gearing from raid is terrible so you also have to spend a ton of time every week doing M+, just to get the gear TO raid.

If Blizzard tuned the raids just on gearing from the raids, there would be no problem, but starting with Nighthold that isn’t what they’ve been doing. So raiders have to pull double duty every week and it’s been burning people out.

4 Likes

that might be true
but you dont need to be “special”

they need more ways to
gear not less

7 Likes

How does holding back Catalyst for 6 weeks help raiders though ? Raiders also won’t get access to finishing out Tier sets.

6 Likes

Who said it did?

1 Like

Hello, I see you posted a thread about nonsensical development decisions. Everyday this expansion looks worse and worse! I’m glad that I haven’t bought it yet, haha!

Thanks for your post and have a great day!

14 Likes

The problem is how easily gearing is via M+ vs raiding thats killing raiding. It needs limitations.

1 Like