58 - 4 in Seething Shore 93% Win Rate AMA

I see a lot of hate towards one of the best BGs in the game currently and trying to figure out why? Is it because you always lose or you don’t have any strat? Since it’s my highest win% BG and I am 58 - 4 perhaps I can offer some help into one of the best BGs of the game.

Seething shore has become my favorite BG and yes pretty much always winning in there does have something to do with it. However it’s such a fun and unique map that requires great awareness of what your enemy is trying to do. Sometimes the enemy is stalling 1 node so they can quick cap others. You have to be able to read your enemy and make fast decisions on when to stay or leave a node.

I think Seething shore offers one of the best PvP experiences of BGs and is overall the most balanced to test your PvP skills. So ask me anything about Seething shore.

I do agree with this thought in the other thread for some reason asking for the best BG to be deleted.

I still think they can bring back black listing because lord knows I would blacklist all the FC maps since they are just outdated and boring with how the game has evolved. Player choice and fun should be maximized but winning most of the time helps on any map.

Good luck

i dont think 62 games is enough to really master a map.

I don’t mind Seething Shore. It’s not my favourite but it’s not my least favourite either. I like that I can have a real impact to the team as a solo player (stalling) and also that it requires much greater awareness than most battlegrounds (nodes constantly spawning in different locations means you need to be aware of where the rest of your team are, where you should head, where the PvP hotspots are etc).

I think the level of awareness required is why some people dislike it. Some people approach battlegrounds as a training ground and a constantly evolving map is counter-intuitive to that mantra.

1 Like

I didn’t say I was the master of Seething shore although my win % says I am on my way. This is the toon I rerolled too for 8.3 as I didn’t play most of Legion or BFA so I don’t have tons of games but I BG every day for a few hours now. With that said I expect to win every Seething shore and it’s usually 1500 to 200. I enjoy the map and winning in there most of the time so was only here to offer a different perspective than the one I am seeing asking for the best BG in the game to be removed. Maybe if people won more or knew what to do they would stay and enjoy it too.

still, 62. veteran achieve for bgs is 100 wins.

and tbh, if im gonna aya, its what are you on? most people hate seething shore for many valid reasons:

RNG map as if RNG procs weren’t enough? RNG and PVP are like oil and water.

staggered GY rez. each person gets their own rez instead of rezzing as a team, this leads to more of a stream of players one at a time instead of a team moving as a group. a lot of bg dynamics deal with teams regrouping after a wipe, the 30 sec rez ensures that style of play. the staggered rez of SShore gives additional advantage to dominant teams by disrupting the natural regroup cycle of bg combat.

aerial drop from GY results in you being unable to see the result of a node fight until it is too late. if i was running on a horse from a GY to a node and the other team won the node, i could turn around and move somewhere else. when you launch from the airship, you end up conveniently in a slow parachute right above the enemy team just as they kill your remaining teammates. there’s no turning away, you have been gift wrapped for the enemy team and will be seeing the GY again.

the bonus honor for capping a node is counter to good team play, it creates a competition over who gets teh cap. instead of being incentivized to keep defending their teammate capping, they are instead incentivized to let the enemy spin until they can get a chance to cap. seriously, if i see you capping and a mage is casting at you, im not gonna stop him if it means i can get that cap instead.

its just a bad bg, wow isn’t forknife, and shouldn’t be copying it.

3 Likes

Yes most likely.

Indeed every player matters and every players decision matters. Who you target, how you CC. Typing out for coverage on the other side of the map cause your team is too focused on 1 node.

The other day in a close win I called for help as my team got stuck on one side of the map. It was 1400-1400. Two nodes spawned and I had to speed pot and steed interrupt two people trying to mine for the win. My team reacted peeled and we were able to kill the solo miners and get the final node. Why a massive spin battle happened on the other side of the map.

You just don’t get that type of PvP in other BGs and feel it is one of the most competitive BG maps. Every player matters and even after dying where you rocket too matters and could win the game. It’s a great map.

1 Like

That’s not a fault of the BG, it just means you’re a crappy teammate.

2 Likes

Seething shore is like chess and requires more strat and awareness then other BGs.

The staggered rez is a huge benefit to this map for spinning and deciding nodes that need back up to get the win. Also that there is good coverage.

Oh I don’t care about honor just about good PvP. If BGs gave zero honor I would do them for the PvP. I actually didn’t think anyone did certain things to get more honor in a BG specifically. That means you aren’t focused on getting the win.

With that said you can have valid reasons for not liking it and I am not here to try and get you to like it. Just here to help if I can on maybe finding some joy in my favorite BG. If people have really bad win % it might be for some reasons that the player can change.

Good Luck

Keep in mind that Seething Shore stats were broken for a few months. The game would count wins but not losses. Before they fixed it I had about 40-50 wins but zero games played. I’m not saying you didn’t win 93% but on most people with high win rates it is due to the glitch. Your percentage could be legit though idk.

chess games dont start with the pieces randomly all over the board.

can confirm, i’ve won 15 out of 7 games played for a win rate of 214%.

1 Like

Not sure when that was but most of my games are the last few months. I came back at the end of April for 8.3. Then really didn’t start BGing hard till I got my ideal build.

The only reason I decided to look it up is because it felt like I never lose that map its been months? At least many weeks. It seems like most wins are always 1500- 200. Although there are a few hard fought wins like the one the other night. Just this BG has become pretty much an automatic easy win. So my experience in there seems to be much different than the other threads I am reading.

Fortunately Seething shore doesn’t start that way either.

1 Like

some people hate maps because they never win, but that isn’t why most people hate seething shore.

oh, whats the pattern?

I like this map and all. But id like to point out that my win rate is 125% here. /shrug

BG starts the same every time like chess. I go to ruins with 1 person to spin. While rest of team tries to win the other 2 nodes. Then converge on Ruins if we are spinning vs a lot of enemies. If no one went ruins or its a quick team fight were we global them then it’s an easy cap then I glide down to Tar Pit to help win that node.

I haven’t noticed a pattern after the initial start but am curious if that is somewhat set depending on when nodes are mined. Going up 300-0 at the start is a good key in flustering the other team and then fortifying spawns while they are rezzing.

This is where the other team then doesn’t communicate or randomly goes to various nodes. Or sometimes 1 player just afks. Perhaps why I win almost every game. It’s usually a mixmatch after going up early. Very few games do I have to fight back in unless they got great CC, Heals and spinners.

so its chess in so much as the pieces move on their own when you aren’t looking.

one thing that could help the map is a setting and art change.

azerite i dont think is something we want to be reminded of going forward, half the pain of ashran is seeing the WoD load screen.

Bonus honor for capping the nodes? Not too sure many folks care about that. Didn’t even know until you pointed it out…

Seething starts the same with the 3 nodes Ruins, Tarpit and Ridge (I think is the name?). From there the RNG of node population just makes you be more aware. I’d reccommend either SHIFT-M for a minimap or getting REporter addon to help with awareness if you’re having issues on that.

This map had it’s flaws at the get-go but it’s since very much improved. Definitely welcome this map more than the new Deepwind Gorge which they slaughtered… RIP Old Deepwind.

3 Likes

WoD was one of the better PvP expansions, definitely the best in terms of gearing. I guess it’s all perspective but I will take WoD PvP over both Legion and BFA. The problem with Ashran now is it isn’t like it was in WoD. I don’t do ANY epic BGs and haven’t qued them for months because I find them to hardly have much PvP in them. The Epic BG format needs the most love of anything and is by far the least balanced PvP.

I digress though. We all like different things obviously. Just as long as we keep Seething shore in the mix for fun BGs then the nodes can be anything. They could be Anima nodes if Azerite triggers you. Personally I don’t mind what I am mining just as long as it’s a great BG like we have with some great PvP.

Exactly I love the up paced battle that requires good team awareness after the initial battle. It’s definitely a map that test you and your teams PvP skills. Sometimes you have to carry more than others but you have more of an impact than other BGs so it’s possible.

Lol this toon has a 600% win rate here.

from what i hear it was, i quit for most of wod, for me the experience outside of raid night was just sitting alone in my garrison not even able to chat in trade because of so much spam.

even among epic bgers the current format of ashran isn’t well liked. epics are hybrid pve pvp, and focus on strategy, formation, and art of war to accomplish objectives over direct pvp.

a good comparison is this: the best fencer in the world doesn’t use his fencing skill when he is in a phalanx. direct pvp like arena and dueling is fencing, epics are formation play like a phalanx. they are both forms of pvp, but different types.

the maps need some updates, which has been posted in the epic feedback thread, but overall they are pretty balanced.