Shadowlands Preview: Ardenweald and the Night Fae Covenant

Seeing those graphics, my pc sweats nervously.

Kinda adore the Maldraxxus mail set though; I need the Venthyr’s flayed shot covenant ability, have a strong urge to explore Ardenweald the most of any of the realms (would have thought the Fae would have gotten the good looking armor who knew it’d be the undeads?), and found what was missing in my transmog in Maldraxxus…

Wow, it looks absolutely amazing. I love it!

So, I love the visuals that you guys have for Ardenweald - absolutely beautiful zone. The armor is amazing and I’m totally doing the Covenant on a toon. I’m hyped!

All of this being said… can you take another pass at the Leather armor? It looks and feels really lackluster when put beside the Plate. Maybe some of that glowy bark?

2 Likes

IT’S SO PRETTY! I want to live there.

2 Likes

We’re happy to share!

3 Likes

You guys keep up the good work. I’m massively hyped for this expac

The plate set is pretty unique; your death knight is more than welcome among the Night Fae. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Sylvar look cool, and since Mechagnomes have shown that a playable race do not need boots, or gloves…or pants, Playable Sylvar when?

1 Like

The colors are beautiful, the theme seems perfect for my toon’s character development.

So far, Ardenweald is looking like the winner. So far.

1 Like

That’s not trampling. That’s a good thing.

If Tyrande finally dies, maybe one of the interesting night elf characters could actually have the spotlight for once.

I Hate Tyrande as a leader, Now she went all Hot Topic only to take the spotlight from every other Night Elf and get 1v1’d by a corpse with a bow.

Please Kill her Blizzard. The Night Elves will be better off.

4 Likes

I just want Rezan back, y’all did him so dirty in BFA

2 Likes

Hey Visaerys,

The images used were made specifically for the resolution they were published in. However–if you haven’t seen these images yet–you may be interested in the 4k images we shared of each zone.

We’ll be sure to let everyone know on the forums or otherwise if we have more higher res images to share!

1 Like

Any mortal–shaman, death knight, or otherwise–who fought for nature and life would be welcome to spend their eternity in Ardenweald. Alternatively, not all druids and hunters will spend their afterlives in Ardenweald. There are many realms within the Shadowlands for which they could be better suited. It’s the characters’ choices in life that determine where they will go, not their class affiliation.

8 Likes

If it isn’t the best xpac at least it’ll be the most beautiful.

4 Likes

I still think the transmog sets are all awful from this covenant…
Plate is the only semi decent one.

Looks like leveling gear compared to all the other covenant transmog.

The zone and covenant ability spell effects themselves are all sooo beautiful though. WoW zones are always impressive to me, but Blizzard really out-does themselves every expansion.

2 Likes

Definitely beautiful, art team out did themselves again. That plate armor set is miiiiiine allll miiiiineeee… :ring: precioooous…

1 Like

The only Druids I can see not going to Ardenweald are the ones going to De Other Side.

The Botanists(like High Botanist Tel’arn and the Botani) aren’t Druids despite manipulating Plants on a regular basis as Druids aren’t about Plant Manipulation!

Druids either turn into Animals, Heal others through Nature or unleash the power of Celestial Bodies upon their enemies!

Since it’s clear that Botanists who protect Nature go to Ardenweald the ones who don’t probably have a different destination…

2 Likes

I cannot wait to send my Druid here :smiley:

1 Like

Hm - while I still think I will be going to Maldraxxus, mainly due to the armor, I will say this place seems very serene. The art dept. delivers - as always. The ONE issue I have is that leather set. They cannot be serious with that.

4 Likes