Targeted Corruptions and Faster Cloak Empowerment

Why Not? Can you at least increase the cap per week? Otherwise alts/mains that are way behind will never be able to catch up.

10 Likes

Yup, I have 0 echoes on my main cause I’m a grinder.
So my alts are ready to get corruption gear but my main is not for this mythic nzoth prog.
This doesn’t please me

15 Likes

Blizz, please listen to the feedback here and make it so that everyone gets their echoes taken back, so the ten people still subbed to Battle for Azeroth are all on the same playing field! We need all ten people to be on equal footing!!

6 Likes

Finally! We’re no longer in Beta!

2 Likes

The idea of corrupting an item feels pointless from a RPG perspective if you just buy a corruption. This is just Blizzard’s end of expansion catch up bit.

1 Like

… at 5x the previous rate!

9 Likes

If that is possible then I would be ok with no reset.

?? I don’t understand why this is a thing?

With this new change will we still need to unlock rank 3 essences on mains, to get the same rank 3 on an alt? Or will all rank 3 essences be available for purchase?

2 Likes

Blizzard: you’ll be able to choose what corruption you can get

Players: WTF blizzard why won’t my main start with 500000000000000 echoes so I can buy corruptions as soon as I login tomorrow???

Ugh, guys. You’ll get this currency eventually, stop complaining over this.

8 Likes

Why? I don’t understand this comment.

Can you give mains pity echos to catch up to people’s alts then?

4 Likes

So, my raid main has 0 of them due to having all the essences since the beginning of the patch, buy my alt has 8000 ready to spend…

I was afraid of it. Either way, will be nice to be able to get the masterfuls I want.

1 Like

Make it simple. Make all corruption at all ranks available at all times at set prices. Why do we need rng yet again to get what we need to cycle in?

12 Likes

please consider removing the “must kill nzoth on normal difficulty or higher” requirement to the second corruption upgrade past rank 15 for non-caught up characters, doing that on alts every week just isn’t feasible.

5 Likes

It’ll cost 2,500, not 25,000.

1 Like

Because the cost of essences are about to go up by 5x.

1 Like

As someone with 12 alts with cloaks (but really no desire to max them all out - I’m not that insane), frankly upping the cost for level 3 essences doesn’t help anything. At the very least, the cost should be reduced for every level 1 essence your toon already has. So let’s say level 3 is 1500 currency, If you have a level 1 version of the essence, it’s 1000, if you have level 2, it’s 500 - and have that apply for all spec-essences on that character.

The engagement is NOT in collecting YET more currency. It’s in getting having the essence and being able to leverage it in content.

The way I would have this play out is this:

5000 currency for a rank 1 essence if you never acquired the essence.
600 currency for level 3
400 currency if you already have a level 2 version of the essence
200 currency if you have a level 1 version of the essence.

This gives players options - they can either do the content and get the new essence for free, or buy a new essence. But you reduce the cost for alts because you really don’t want players to be playing alts at the same time sink as their mains. You want to allow players the opportunity to ramp up an alt quickly.

I don’t really know how to make this more clear - players get more engaged the faster they can get alts into the content they just wrapped up on their main. Players see that they paid their dues on their first class. The more Blizzard facilitates players fast-tracking alts, the more alts those players will make and the more engaged many players will get in end-game content. Making players put the same thousand hours into each alt that they did on their main isn’t going to solve the problem.

I don’t see how making 5 times the number of currency drop then increase the cost of the item by 5 times saves anything. You were better off with Benthic gear - with a really low barrier to entry and a reasonable upgrade price. It was a model easily sustainable on 11 alts while allowing me to focus on my main.

1 Like

That still doesn’t solve the problem. Not even close. Are we being retroactively awarded the echoes we already missed, at 5x the rate?

17 Likes

That is still not even close to worth it. Just reset the currency like you reset TR.

13 Likes