The Smoochums issue

My Dearest Blizzard,

Not that you will read this - or even care but the problem with Smoochums is annoying me more than it should (yes, I have a touch of the OCD lol). I find a little pet I like, think ooo want! and then find out how to get it. I spend the time and effort grinding out the currency and am rewarded. I name him and level him to 25 and put him as one of my favorites. Then one of my friends sees it (one of the few that still plays) so I grind out the currency again so she can have one since she doesn’t play that much.

Then the patch hits. And my beloved Smoochums is gone. His cute little smooshed faced model is gone and replaced with a generic ghost cat model. There is also no rhyme or reason that I can figure why (and nothing in the notes of course). My friend noticed too. Neither of us could figure it out - it doesn’t appear to be a unique model for something else. It wasn’t sparkly or have an animation that could be buggy (that we could tell and would understand).

One of the few things I still enjoy doing in this xpac is little pet battles and collecting them. You have now seriously unhinged that with the change to Smoochums and the undocumented nerf to how pet XP. Okay I can live with the nerf but why should I hunt down or collect any new pets that I really like if they could be made generic at any moment? It’s just not good. Now I find myself doing fewer pet dailies… and it’s one less reason to log in.

Anyway, just my thoughts. #justiceforsmoochums

:cookie:

60 Likes

Well said!

WoW devs, stop changing the appearances of the things we love in WoW. Pets and hunter pets should be off limits to actually changing how they look; just paint over them to give them more pixels, but make them look exactly as they did before. I’m tired of seeing all the things that have been changed to be things that I never would have bothered - or would bother now - to get.

#JusticeForSmoochums

26 Likes

#JUSTICEFORSMOOCHUMS

Yes blizzard. Body is clear.

9 Likes

#ItMightBeABug #ReportBugs

2 Likes

#JusticeForSmoochums

Bring our chubby little kitty back!

8 Likes

I just looked it up… Why would they do this?

It’s like a downgrade. That has to be a mistake.

12 Likes

I’m with Malfosa that it must be a bug. I mean, what could possibly be the reasoning behind changing Smoochums’ appearance?

3 Likes

#justiceforsmoochums

He suffered enough as it was. Can we have our fat and cute kitty back now please?

6 Likes

Such a small change disappointed me so much I have not logged in. I agree, they should not change the models on companions and pets once in the game, I was excited for the original model not this.

9 Likes

Wait a second… tabs to WoW, looks in my pet journal … What is this madness?

Justice for Smoochums! Fix him!

6 Likes

Maybe if we start logging a bug report in game, it will bring attention to the issue.

6 Likes

Love for Smoochums! Restore that kitty!

4 Likes

Ha, ha…ha ha ha…muuuahhhahahawhhwhwhah!!!

You must be new here, so I’ll just cackle maniacally at your naivete’ while rolling around on the ground.

And because this situation clearly is of the upmost importance for kitty fans everywhere:

#JusticeForSmoochums :ghost: :cat:

/moo :cow:

9 Likes

#justiceforsmoochums

6 Likes

#justiceforsmoochums!

This is still bumming me out… and of course silence from Blizz makes me a sad Gnome.

(puts out a little tray of cookies in support of our little beloved Smoochums)

:cookie:

4 Likes

Should report it as a bug. I’m sure that’s all it is and Smoochums in his cute form will be back soon.

#justiceforsmoochums

4 Likes

Used to be my favorite BFA pet. Now I don’t use him anymore.

1 Like

The changes to Smoochums make me want to smash all your cookies and trays.

1 Like

I want my fat Smoochums back

2 Likes

We’ve just pushed a hotfix to give Smoochums the correct model once again.

#JusticeForSmoochums

91 Likes