Disabling XP Gains on 110+ Characters

Fun police at it again, y’all should just fast forward this whole ruining the game thing and just port 8.2 to mobile, IOS only don’t wanna have people trying to make some fun mods on Android.

1 Like

So you rather them just take away the option to disable xp altogether? 110 means you want to be locked in Legion content, not BfA. Just prevent them from doing BfA content with xp disabled.

Fun detected, destroyed. Don’t bother to fix the crappy scaling system, don’t you people have phones?

We most definitely have the C team running things now. This is just awful.

2 Likes

We warned Activision months ago that 110s being stronger than 120s and destroying level 120 content was stupid and is still stupid.

Scaling is not working for WoW which is supposed to be a MMORPG.

When will this scaling experiment end?

10 Likes

Not soon enough, even if it were tomorrow.

1 Like

When standing in a house fire, you retrieve whatever you can.

5 Likes

Trying to see what the real issue really is?

I feel like the bigger issues are the getting weaker as you level and again penalizing you (this gear don’t work no more) for leveling. I would say both were bad designs.

6 Likes

What they should have done instead is let the players scale back their levels instead.

2 Likes

I would rather them just leave it how it is, there is nothing wrong with exp-off 110s running dungeons and islands just like there is no issue with exp-on 110s running dungeons and islands.

If they really want to stop powerleveling in dungeons and islands they should just nerf the experience gained from them into the ground, even if it is not 110s doing the power leveling it will eventually be 120s doing it.

I seem to remember that 120 blood dks were already doing island carries, the problem does not go away by making it so 110s can’t carry anymore.

Experience off at 110 means I want to be level 110, it has nothing to do with ‘Legion Content’.

3 Likes

Months ago you had blues defending 110s destroying BFA dungeons and citing that as an anomaly. Meanwhile player posted video evidence that this should not be intended game design where scaling rewards 110s while punishes those that reach 120.

The C team? I think we are somewhere in the second half of the alphabet.

7 Likes

Thats the point I was trying to make. You articulated it better than I. Thank you.

I understand that higher level creatures are supposed to be stronger but as you said, as we levelled up in BfA, we didnt feel our selves getting stronger, we felt our selves growing weaker… made more apparent when we hit 116 and couldnt use legendary gear anymore.

Its a stupid system and it feels backwards and Blizzard should be ashamed of what they have turned into, constantly telling people “oh no you are playing wrong, we will force you to play our way instead”.

8 Likes

Maybe…and I’m just going to put this out there…MAYBE the actual problem is how our characters get weaker as they level? I’m at over iLvl 360 now and I still feel like it takes me just as long to kill stuff as it has since hitting about level 113 or so.

Why should I even bother to get better gear when apparently the yetis in Draenor have been powerlifting all year long to get even stronger than me? What do the numbers mean when every mob’s numbers move at exactly the same rate?

9 Likes

A lot of that has to do with the atrocious itemisation.

3 Likes

That’s a scaling issue.
Something they don’t want to touch if possible. Ever.
It’s like their least favorite thing to do and probably the hardest to nail down.

4 Likes

I would be good with IE having zero XP. I smash through them on a 110 because I like how fast I can do them and the RNGfest of loot means I need to do A LOT of them to get the loot I am after.

If they were smart and
a) Had the coins buy ALL loot on the scale
b) Rewarded coins for EVERY one won (not like the mythic loss crap that has been going on)
c) had it so a 120 that is 360 could absolutely smash a normal, and make it so that really for 120 it is more rewarding to do heroic/mythic for time/played;

then I really wouldn’t do 110 IEs.

HOWEVER. I would still do 110 PvP and 110 tmog farms because 120s of many classes are way too slow to run through dungeons.

My 101 hunter back in legion had something like 170% run speed. That was amazing for farming. My current 120 paladin is 100%. I log him after 1 run as it is just TOO slow.

4 Likes

Well, they’re not going to leave it as it is. It’s better to just prevent 110s from doing BfA content with xp disabled than to remove their option to disable their xp altogether. 110 with xp off = Legion. A lot of people disable their xp for various reasons, including staying in Legion content without leveling. This is so unfair to those people who did nothing wrong.

I wonder how the Liftbruls are looking right about now, Yetis got nothing on those squared up monsters.

Again though, the problem is not that we get weaker when we level, that is something that /has/ to happen. The problem is that we got too much weaker and lost a lot of gameplay mechanics at the same time.

2 Likes

This was extremely common during Legion. We constantly saw ads for powerleveling and people asking for twink powerlevelers to contact them.

I’ve only seen maybe a few ads for twink powerleveling during BfA.

Something’s not quite right.

The only logical long term fix is to remove scaling mechanisms in PVE. Anything else they will try will have bigger complications.

4 Likes