50/50 ToGC is easily the most toxic I've ever seen raiding

One person making a mistake causing the whole group to lose their opportunity to get 272 cloaks this week is really driving a lot of toxic behavior between players.

Every underperformer which could’ve been carried through Algalon are now being flamed for not being able to keep up and no amount of just pulling again will fix this issue.

I definitely see why this model of raiding was never kept, it’s terrible.

11 Likes

but it was kept. It is just they took away the reward and punishes your entire raid. Plenty of retail mechanics have one player messing up equating to wiping the entire group. No amount of pull again is going to stop them from messing up again and wiping the group again. So you replace them.

Sorry as the game goes on the fewer and fewer people can be carried. So either get good or get replaced.

7 Likes

You dont get flamed for “not keeping up.” You get flamed for messing up on one of the 4 mechanics and ruining the run. Dont get hit by icehowl, spikes etc and you wont get flamed. Easy as that

4 Likes

wiping in ToTGC is like wiping on Razorgore the Untamed. :]

wiping on Twin Emperors … ughuhgughughguhgughughguhguhghghghg

1 Like

no, they’re clearly talking about the reward. that’s what makes it toxic

No, they are talking about people flaming them and being toxic for messing up a mechanic, and they blame that toxicity on the reward. The thing is… the reward has nothing to do with it. The same has happened and will happen without the reward for a player that is performing under their group’s level.

1 Like

You want toxic, just want and see what Deathbringer’s Will does to the PuG scene

5 Likes

Wait till you see ret paladins trying to take that trinket. :joy:

Forced class/spec change.

It’s so bad, ret has a tailor made trinket in abom in a jar also…

I’m sure for ~$46k any paladin will be able to get it. :>

((I figure if a ring in ToGC apparently went for 3million gold…DBW will probably be 10mill; 10mill / ~4.3k gold per token…2326 tokens.))

2 Likes

Doesn’t stop them from trying to take the trinket even though it’s clearly bad for them. Just as bad as an affliction warlock trying to take Reigns from TOGC.

This is why I gdkp. Lol.

This is usually pretty easy, don’t need to use boots or anything. Today we had a bug or something that I think I remember from back in the day. Looking at previous weeks logs I can see that we’re unstunned shortly before he jumps back to do his charge, he started to jump back before we were unstunned today. I think he may have skipped his roar animation he does before the charge.

If you’re unlucky with Icehowl you can always tranqshot his Enrage and avoid a wipe.

1 Like

???

You could do 0 dps the whole run, you just have to not mess up the spike mechanic which let’s be honest isn’t rocket science

Everything else is fixable or not that big of a deal

Wait till you learn about 50/50 Immortal achievement.
But also, skill issue.

Yeah, we didn’t wipe it just slowed the kill down and killed 2 people.

I agree it was never a good model. 25 Hard Anub’Arak in particular is pretty touchy, if the off-tank brings the adds too far in…wipe…too far out so not to get cleaved…potential wipe. And healing the fight takes some getting used to as well. Hell even dropping the ice a few yards too far can be problematic.

Deathbringer’s Will is likely BiS for ret paladins as well, they just don’t gain as much from upgrading Death’s Verdict as other classes do.

the dynamic is a little different considering you lose out on a chance at bis cloak for a whole week meanwhile if you wipe in eg retail you can just try again, but there isn’t really any ways for you to wipe the whole group in togc unless you eat one of anub’s ice patches or something