500 Ilvl, declined over 60 times from M0?

What, the actual hell…is going on? I have never been declined this hard. What did blizzard do to make people suddenly think they need over 500 ilvl to do a basic M0?

35 Likes

Its the weekly week. I wouldnt take a 500 ilvl DPS when 510+ apply

36 Likes

its not ilvl

a low level tank/healer will have a better and quicker chance of finding a group than a high level dps for obvious reasons I don’t think I have to say

8 Likes

There’s too many DPS in group finder, as usual. You don’t need 500 ilvl, but if there are 10 other DPS that are above 500 ilvl, they’ll take the better geared DPS.

19 Likes

this game is mostly for soloers tbh. Once you lag behind the content, won’t ever find groups barely and get told to make your own group and when you do make your own group people still complain.

Best solution if you don’t want to solo mythic 0 (which is possible on a beastmaster, and a few tank specs), is to join a guild tbh. Not that its easy to find a good one, but they are out there

12 Likes

It’s not about whether or not you’re qualified for the content, it’s about if you’re more qualified than other players also applying for the same spot (there are often dozens of dps in queue).

They didn’t, it’s just that there’s no reason to grab a 499 or 502 ilev when there’s 517s in queue.

19 Likes

You should have grinded faster like those who were chosen did. It’s the nature of esports/competitive play. It is what it is.

3 Likes

jUsT fOrM yOuR oWn GrOuP iT’s NoT hArD!!!1

29 Likes

it’s not that hard to figure out.

for every 1 dps spot there are 50 or more people in LFG.

6 Likes

to further explain.

If someone isn’t playing 24/7 and has lagged behind current item level they only have 3 choices

1. quit WoW because no one invites them
  2. Solo only (if they like WoW, equally as good option as…)
  3. Find a guild and do a mix of grouping and soloing

But like Klorel said, WoW is more an esport game. So likely you’ll end up doing option 2 or 1.

If someone just logs on, gets refused over and over (whether its a good reason or not), then just play the game solo if you still enjoy WoW. Treat it as a singleplayer game with terrible AI all around you.

However, to treat WoW as an MMO (like FFXIV or EQ1 or EQ2 as some examples) you’ll find it a miserable experience. As it is more an esport if you want to stay invited to groups as if you don’t stay on top, you won’t be invited to groups any longer. FFXIV as an example you can get groups pretty easily for any content except the very hardest, so not too different than mythic for the high end gaming but thats a small part of FFXIV.

So WoW is both an esport where you must be top of your game…AND a solo only game for everyone else

Though finding a guild is the best option of the 3 imo, but like I said, can be hard to find a good likeminded one

8 Likes

forumites hate this one trick

11 Likes

Almost as much as being told that playing a non-DPS role is a better way to get into groups.

9 Likes

Weird I rolled a tank and never get declined . Ever .

12 Likes

not everyone wants to roll a tank to be yelled at to go faster (or slower) or yelled at for any number of things lol

I’d say a healer is a better alternative to DPS, but hunters are ONLY DPS, no tank or heals. And maybe the OP favorite class is hunters.

11 Likes

I disagree with this because there’s no point in waiting 5-10 minutes to have an uber leet group when you know its going to be a faceroll with a 490-500 average group.

Is there any data for this? I know personal exp isn’t a good measure generally, but when I list keys on my alts even in the start of a season it’s not high ilvl players applying for the lowest form of keys.

8 Likes

Then OP better learn to wait and be patient about getting into groups

2 Likes

But you don’t need to wait at all because dps are a dime a dozen

1 Like

You say that like it takes more than 30 seconds to find 3 huge dps

11 Likes

Blizzard could add hunter tank spec, and shaman tank spec (granted at least they can heal through resto, but tank spec is pretty highly requested in shaman community). And warlock heal spec (since hunter heal spec sounds weird, seems more fitting as warlock) as some examples through hero talents.

Dunno what mage could get, guess support spec since thats a thing now.

Would help solve the problem of certain classes having issues getting into groups

But the times of dps only classes (or likewise if a class was ONLY tanking or ONLY healing, even if thats not a thing) is more detrimental to that class and to people who like those classes.

2 Likes

Or, and this is just out there, find a group of friends to run with. It doesn’t mean changing guilds, it simply means talking to people when you have a good run. Then at the end, just ask, “Hey, that was fun, can I Btag you?” Then touch base with them when you want to run a dungeon. This ain’t rocket science…

4 Likes