50% XP Buff is ruining the game and needs to be disabled

I have noticed that there has been an increasing amount of people leveling in the open world with their mains.

They essentially have the character that is getting boosted and people are using their own mains or buying quest boosting services and are using it to follow their alt around and mass complete quests for them without the alt casting a single spell.

There are people now who figured out this is generating more money than old Dungeon boosting so Mages are selling party spots and AoE’ing down quest mobs for their customers.

The Open World is also dead despite having lots of people outside because no one talks or interacts, everyone is RMT’ing and buying quest boosts.

We need to curb this negative behavior and consider either nerfing or outright removing the leveling buff, there should be no reason that people can get away with exploiting this as it will damage the release of WoTLK.

8 Likes

Troll post

32 Likes

False, I am on a mega server and mages are once again selling quest boosts at the same intensity as dungeon boosts.

3 Likes

Troll post

23 Likes

Great you are on a certain realm and I have different experiences then you. Questing has been great with the exp bonus. I don’t think a level 70 boosting would make all that much difference because often times I find myself waiting on mob respawns.

You don’t understand sir, if multiple layers has mage boosters selling spots then no one will be able to quest unless you buy a mage boost.

They can easily AoE 10+ mobs in an area and if multiple boosters are in the same layer then the average non-boosting customer will not get any mob tags.

This will make open world very toxic.

2 Likes

Tag it before the mages do then. Mages can’t spam blizzard over every spawn point at 1 time. Also if you see 10 mages spamming blizzard over every spawn location there’s no reason to be there move on to the next quest.

3 Likes

Most if not all quests that involve killing mobs will be camped one way or another and as popularity for these illegal services go up then less likely will players be willing to log in and quest.

It is damaging the Community more than it helps.

1 Like

It is not.

3 Likes

I’ve already provided proof that it is damaging, it will only get worse unless we put an end to it.

You have not.

4 Likes

This thread is an IQ test. The dudes trying to get people to argue saying the world is now flooded with more people questing or something in order to be sarcastic and bolster his anti-Dungeon finder stance.

5 Likes

I have though.

What happened?

LFG got banned?

3 Likes

lol at op.

I’ve dual boxed. the best way is to have leveler get first shot than the better leveled pings the threat.

even friend grouped some assets get tagged. you know kill stealing stuff.

saves trading at the end.

also…this happened before boost. I played with 2nd accounts when bored, or drinking (a 2nd account has happened while gwi…gaming while intoxicated).

fun fact…when /who shows there are only 2 people in the area…and you are both of them…there is no social interaction.

Unless you are clinically diagnosed with some kind of multiple personality disorder anyway.

2 Likes

may be on cooldown.

even retail side of forum knows of the LFG…and the gdkp lol. about as well received there too.

1 Like

You could have at least used different Alts to like your own comments LFG, it’s so painfully obvious when you like with the same exact Alts.

What’s the point of this account are you trying to make this one a player neutral reputation rather than your vicious anti casual persona on LFG?

Who are you really

2 Likes

1/8 not so gr8 b8 m8.

1 Like

Skipdeplet, Rankoneboost, Lfg, Lfd, Rdf and now Lfr.

This guy has more sock puppets than Jim Henson.

2 Likes

It’s funny the cry baby vanilla kids don’t want LFD which was in wrath and a wrath feature, but they are fine with buying their gear from gold websites and gdkps

and 50% xp buffs and slave pen boosts and all that crap, but god forbid we have a functional lfg system without a cringe addon.

Vanilla andy’s ruined this game, this is WOLTK not 1-60 vanilla

3 Likes