50 wins above 2375 and no Gladiator title/mount awarded

Hi Blizz!

Closed out the season at 2461CR and tracked all wins through end of season. Hit the 50 win mark and was not awarded my Verdant Gladiator mount :frowning: (1AM EST is a bit early for end of season, i remember it being much later years back)

pls help =D

1 Like

donā€™t you lose elite if you fall beneath 2380 after passing 2400?

5 Likes

yeah just got 18 hundo on a dude and didnā€™t get the chieve for the transmog. they must have cut the season off at 10 or 1030 or something. bummer! submit a ticket and beg, maybe youā€™ll get lucky. at least i would if it was the mount on the line

2375 is the floor - if you fall below that, the wins will not count until you pass 2400 again

definitely happened to me a couple of times haha

yeah if u fall under 2375 have to get back to 2400 for wins to count also waiting until the last day to do glad wins is kinda wild

3 Likes

did you track it through the wowhead script or do you mean you personally counted? as others mentioned theres a lower limit you cant hit or if you do you have to climb back to 2.4.

Is that stated anywhere in the achievement or is it one of those hidden things that you should just know? Not that Iā€™m gonna get it haha, just curious.

That is a rather silly thing, and all that does is encourage people to not play that character once they meet the requirements on fear of losing out on it.

You could look here: https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=19091/gladiator-dragonflight-season-3

Win 50 3v3 games while at Elite rank during Dragonflight Season 3.

It is stated, that you need 50 wins on Elite rank to get Gladiator. If you fall below 2375 rating, you will drop Elite and be back on Duelist. So it is just a logical thing I guess.

If they want the title, they will continue to play. The requirements were mostly done to encourage people not to buy boosts. Without that requirement we would see a lot more boosts than we already have to handle with.

Instead they should encourage people to achieve it for themselves and redesign the mmr system to be dynamic based on activity or like someone else wrote in another thread, to make mmr more of a percentile so it doesnā€™t matter how active a season is.

1 Like

50 wins above elite is obvious yes, but staying above it AFTER you have your wins is not. Hardly logical.

Yes it is, why would you be able to collect wins outside of the bracket it clearly states you need to be in?

Maybe Iā€™m misunderstanding the issue. From what I can gather is, they got the wins required above the rating, however, they continued to play and then dropped below the level,correct?

So my question is if it says get x wins over y rating and you do that, why doesnā€™t say you have to maintain y rating to get it?

It is very logical if you read correctly:

Win 50 3v3 games while at Elite rank during Dragonflight Season 3.

I mean, how else would you understand

ā€¦ while at Elite rank ā€¦

Once you obtain gladiator you do not need to maintain the rating. He either didnā€™t get all the wins he needed, if he was counting for himself and dropped below the threshold I wonder if he was counting the win that put him into ā€œeliteā€ which does not count towards glad wins.

Or there is a bug.

You are misunderstanding the issue and correcting me incorrectly.

This was my question, and old mate just keeps telling me its obvious you have to maintain the rating after you get your wins above the rating.

No heā€™s saying itā€™s obvious you have to maintain the rating to collect the wins.

No, he corrected me saying thisā€¦

I didnā€™t thought anyone would ask that, my bad.

Once you got an achievement you wonā€™t drop it again. That stands for every achievement.

Iā€™m not sure how glad works, never got it before. Wasnā€™t sure if it was awarded at the end of the season, or if it was like rival / duelist where you get it the moment you cross teh threshold. I know they donā€™t take achievements away.

That was the case before BFA. Back then Gladiator was gained at the end of the season when you were within the top 0.5% of the ladder. Then you had the title for the whole duration of the next season.

Since BFA it got redesigned and you get it once you achieved 50 wins on Elite rank and you have the title for the rest of the current season.