50% exp is slower than 20% exp by about 8 minutes for 111-120 (graph and numbers inside)

If you have the Garrosh weapons, 100%, if you don’t, I’d still say it, just won’t be /as/ good. Trinkets are a 100% no, they are bad, very, very bad. Like, between 200-300 DPS difference each, even against lower ilvl items in BFA.

4 Likes

Thank you!

I appreciate the work. Thanks.

1 Like

Even the warlords trinkets suck?

Also how many warriors at 120 now?

I didn’t upgrade that trinket, however, given the lack of demons its primary beneficial aspect isn’t there, and given the way the other heirloom trinket scales, I would be hard pressed to think of it as effectively.

I updated my original post as it dawned me that is probably pertinent information lol. I have 26 now. I’m doing a series of charity events for Autism Awareness Month (for those of you who don’t know, I have autism) and partnered with r/wow. All that info can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/b6lprw/desmephistos_charity_stream_for_autism_awareness/

Hoping for my april 13th 20-120 marathon to be my final horde warrior.

11 Likes

the price alone makes me not want to buy it, but then finding out they’re underpowered is all I needed to read to not even consider it.

12 Likes

Could you imagine if they kept the original 7.5k per upgrade price?

2 Likes

crazy. I realize the gold rush from draenor made a lot of us millionaires, but that kind of pricing is ridiculous.

1 Like

I’m only using a few. I upgraded the SoO weapons, because gem slot. And the cape and ring. That’s it. I’m not in some huge hurry. The cape and ring can be used on every armor type that uses those stats. Good enough for me.

It’s not even that, it’s that we realistically are paying 15k gold, to level 8 minutes slower. Not even 8 minutes faster.

18 Likes

Sir your work with Azeroth Auto Pilot is absolutely legendary. Thanks to you I was able to level a zandalari monk to 100 in only 22 hours. If I keep a good pace I should hit 120 in just over a day played.

I know this might not be the place, but one minor suggestion I would like to make for WoD is to try upgrading the garrison to level 2 to get the XP potion from the quartermaster, and then at 96 to go to Spire of Arak and quest up to the point to open the Inn and get the bonus leveling from that. Between those two buffs and the draught of ten lands and War Mode I was able to go from 93 to 100 in less than an hour.

More to the topic, thank you for your continued work for the alt-oholic community. It’s good to know before I went out and spent the money that the heirlooms aren’t worth upgrading.

On that note would you recommend holding on to the rings, pants and Cape?

Would it be beneficial to carry my alts through heroic emerald nightmare to try and welfare gear them?

These are some things I was contemplating before beginning that last leg to 120.

2 Likes

Nice work on Auto Pilot.

Im shocked though, 5 hours to level a character? I just did a 1-120 that took 5 days with Auto Pilot. O.o

2 Likes

~~https://discord.gg/w8ttZZF
This is my speed leveling discord with over 2355 members and it would probably be a better place to ask these questions Puddin, but I’m about to post a guide on leveling through WoD in 1hr 39 minutes and 12 seconds. You do not need a level 2 garrison to buy the exp potion (it’s right behind you as soon as you start). The 90-100 route is less mine, and more the addon creators. We have a bit of a differing opinion and my 90-101 route is very intense. I’d link the twitch vod, but lets just say I hit a world record for most times the f word has been used in under 2 hours.

I would 100% upgrade rings, pants and cape. If you want to gear your characters up through antorious/etc I’d say do it, as while you’d be wasting time gearing them up versus just leveling, it makes leveling feel much MUCH better.

2 Likes

Believe they are against buffing the power any on looms stat wise. They totally ignored any of the feedback when the sucky 7.3.5 patch was in the ptr when the topic of heirlooms were brought up. Not that folks were dead set against a stat nerf to power they just wanted a buff to the xp you get using them to make up for the stat nerfs. But ya taking longer to kill trash pretty much defeats the purpose of even having looms. Anyways just using the pants, cape, and ring from 110 to 120. And the draught of 10 lands juice lol.

6 Likes

They should make the Loremaster Tabard into an heirloom that provides more bonus XP so that it isn’t detrimental to wear.

20 Likes

Just some correlating experience for you which supports poorly stat budgeted heirloom gear being worse than standard BFA junk.

I did my first BFA run through on a boosted monk wearing the boost gear for the entire journey including placing HoA and any Azerite drops in the bank or Void Storage. Instead of having mobs scale linearly with my character’s increase in character level and static item level they scaled slightly geometrically becoming increasingly more difficult to downright insanely difficult at 119.

In prior expansions without mob scaling the increase in character stats per level offset the increase in mob level so that not upgrading gear throughout the new zones maintained a static difficulty level overall.

BFA’s mobs scale higher with level than the player character’s own stats thus practically mandating getting the absolute best gear you can find at each level to keep the same level of strength against the same mobs. Without good stats you have the opposite effect creating a feeling of getting weaker with levels instead of stronger until you reach the gear break point where mob scaling tapers off.

Heirlooms thus need to have a roughly equivalent scaling stat budget to all standard BFA drops in order to compete and thus reap the benefit of the XP bonus.

12 Likes

I just did 110-120 on my Zandalari rogue in heirlooms and my experience supports these conclusions. I felt incredibly weak and had way more trouble killing things than I had on any of my other characters.

4 Likes

There’s 2 heirloom rings.

A few(unique equipped, different stats) is from garrison shipyard- 100% RNG mission to get it to show.

The other 2(unique equips too) are from stranglethron fishing event, being the first or second person to turn in that is.

1 Like

these will be better after 8.3.5 kills azerite most likely.

Why even 2 allieds I am raising will stop at 110 for loom levels. If that (one is plate and my first plate so that armor not pimped yet)…I actually like legion morre. An extra day or 2 there not a punishment for me. Its BFA that’s the punishment till 120/340+ lol.

Not worth their time, yet it’s worth their time to ban people using leveling potions to level faster. I don’t know why it’s such a big deal with blizzard that people have as slow and tedious of a leveling experience as possible.

10 Likes