50 Character Limit

Sooooo, we can have up to fifty characters on one realm. Nifty thought, but some of us have characters across various realms. I’m actually running out of room on TWO accounts - and that’s after deleting a number of characters to make room for allied races.

Why in the world would Blizz increase toons per realm and not touch the account-wide character limit? PLEASE up the limit -

While you’re at it, could you finally get off your buns and up the quest log limit, which has been too stingy (and which we’ve been complaining about) for several years. Making battle pet quests not count did NOTHING to help.

73 Likes

Basically this

23 Likes

If there as account-wide reputation i’d prob make 10x more characters.

just saying.

tehe. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

While i think 100 is a tad much, I think, with all the Allied Races coming, that a bump up to 60 would be a nice touch.

15 Likes

I approve this message

6 Likes

Think you may need to calm down on the creation button and sort through your account’s characters.

9 Likes

You know what I think? I think you should probably cutback and do something else.

4 Likes

I’d love it if they did; I don’t usually have too many characters (or I can always delete one if need be), but my wife is always bumping her head on the fifty-character limit because she started on one server with some friends who return every couple years for a few months that she wants to keep her characters to run with, we’ve got primary Alliance and Horde servers that we run on with a few alts (or many) on each, and there are characters that were made that she just doesn’t want to delete, like one her mom made before she passed a few years ago.

You know, sentimental stuff. 100 seems overkill, yeah, but maybe an extra slot every time they add a new race would be nice, like they were initially doing with the server-character limits.

I think that everyone should be able to play the game the way they want to play the game, whether that’s being an altoholic, a gold farmer, a bleeding edge mythic raider, or a PvPer. What’s it to you if Kronnt wants to roll lots of different characters and have lots of different adventures? It doesn’t affect you in the least.

Heck, if they bumped up the account-level character limit, that obviously wouldn’t affect you in the least, either. So really, maybe you should cut back and post something else. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

34 Likes

I could live with this.

I’ve hit 50 a few times over the years, but this is including alts on servers I no longer play on, battleground characters that made it to 15 and no further, characters I made just to test animations, etc.

I am slowly restoring some high level characters though, since I can have them on my realm, so I would like a bump up. 60 would suffice.

5 Likes

There’s a point and time, where you have to tell your child to stop. This is one of those times, someone needs to be told to stop and look around.

4 Likes

You can raise your child however you feel is most appropriate. If you want to discourage them from getting “too involved,” by your metrics, in a given activity, then that’s your prerogative as a parent to correct that behavior.

But the OP isn’t your child. You don’t get to make the decision as to how they spend their time. You can sit there and impotently judge their hobbies from the other side of a computer screen where you both visit a forum regarding a favored video game all you like, it still doesn’t give you any sort of real moralistic high ground or meaningful bearing on how they conduct themselves when they’re doing something they enjoy doing.

Just chill out! You, yourself, probably do certain things in amounts that other people would disapprove of. For instance, harping on other people for their chosen leisure activities. :stuck_out_tongue:

37 Likes

Not to the extent of having 2 paid accounts and needing more characters on realms. There’s a point where some self-control is needed and I’m fairly confident, this is approaching it.

Regardless, we don’t see eye to eye on this. I was stating my opinion that he should cutback and do something else, which i still stand by. Their choice, their life. Some reality checks should happen sooner rather than later for folks.

1 Like

Either that or he doesn’t have a job and he IS the serious problem.

2 Likes

You kids are so cute when you’re jealous! You know what they say when you assume things…Clearly you need to learn to play smarter, not harder.

Read and learn:

I’ve played since vanilla and have dual- and sometimes triple-or quad-boxed since BC. I only single-box group progression content (a courtesy to my fellow players), and since it feels inefficient to single box, I rarely bother.

I’ve RaF’d myself 9 times. Since I pride myself on being a smart consumer, I’d take full advantage of the once-amazing leveling buff, pick a server, and power level one of every class to the RaF cap. Running non-stop dungeons, it took about 3 days per pair. I could insta-level a few more using the “grant-a-levels” earned.

Despite a busy IT career, it was more than manageable to accomplish over the 90 day span. And I could easily afford to to server transfer any toons off the throwaway account if I desired.

I also get 2-3 boosts per expansion since I upgrade more than one account. I always use them on fresh toons.

I take advantage of every (legit/safe) leveling hack while it’s available, even if I don’t feel like it. I completed a zillion pre-Legion invasions to quickly top off the many toons that had languished at lower levels for years. Why? More Love Rocket attempts, for all the good it did me!

I also try to be diligent about doing DMF profession quests, which level alt professions AND add up to easy-if-gradual leveling on seldom-played toons - especially when funneling the extra quest items to them.

Finally, since I have two accounts I keep active in tandem, I make two of everything new. I usually try to have one male and one female, or at least one druid and one paladin where possible (for the forms/class mount).

I have at least two of every allied race for both factions - which alone counts for around a dozen alts across two accounts. Most are still only level 20-24 (pro tip: annual Timewalking quiz quest is good for a few levels, so park alts there during the event).

Major faction city cooking/fishing dailies are also good for a chunk of XP, so if you knock out a few here and there on alts, AGAIN that adds up over months and years.

So yeah, keep demonstrating your ignorance and lack of kindness, while I pat myself on the back for being a smarter and more efficient WoW player. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Because the number of people to hit this limit on their account is small. Probably less than 5% of total players. The number of people to hit it on multiple accounts is much smaller.

1 Like

I don’t remember the last time I had my quest log full and thought “I wish I had room for more of this”.

1 Like

We’re several expansions in. If you are working on various legendary quests, have several dungeon quests (because they’re not offered IN the dungeon anymore), a zillion profession quests, and then also have a few random quests chains going, it adds up.

7 Likes

1st world problem.

3 Likes

So buy a 3rd account? Fail to see the issue.

3 Likes

Alts are fine but dude man, you have probably more than you need.

THE REAL TRAVESTY - the quest log only allowing 25 quests. Reputations not being account bound. Having to completely re-level a profession once you drop it, even if you had it maxed out previously. These are all things I would rather they work on than the max character thing…

7 Likes