5 man upper Blackrock Spire?

I just read somewhere we are getting 5 man UBRS instead of 10-15 man.
Someone please tell me this isn’t true.

Farming pre bis would be WAY TO EASY in 5 man, these dungeons are meant to be mini raids.

The gear in UBRS is EXTREMELY POWERFUL.
Your not supposed to get your briarwood reed, dal rends, draconian deflector, truestrike shoulders etc on your first run.

These items are so powerful they keep value all the way till BWL, they are not meant to be so easy to aquire!

These items are meant to be rolled against multiple people and if you get it you are extremely lucky to get it!

Loot trading also has no place in a 10 man UBRS, what a crap concept that everyone’s friend will be able to roll on gear they don’t need to ninja it for their friend.

Leeroy Jenkins was not in 5 man UBRS!

3 Likes

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

21 Likes

Please do elaborate how I am wrong.

1 Like

ubrs is like a 10 man, though, im pretty sure you can shove 40 people in it if you want, since blackwing lairs portal is inside of it

Blackwing lairs portal is outside UBRS, just down the hall.

I believe at the start of vanilla ubrs was a 10-15 man, later dropped to 10.
5 man ubrs was never a thing, this is a joke.

4 Likes

i did 5 man ubrs in vanilla, its not impossible

Blackwing Lair ( BWL ) is a level 60+ instance for raids of up to 40 players. Entry is through UBRS or via the Orb of Command portal device in Molten Span. Entrance to Blackwing Lair is through Upper Blackrock Spire

2 Likes

It can be done with 5man, but most will do it 10man. There won’t be any change to make it easier than it was on 1.12

3 Likes

Ahh yeh, there is an entrance to BWL in UBRS, however no one uses that entrance because the orb outside is much closer and easier.

In 1.3 they capped it at 15.
In 1.10 they dropped the cap to 10.
It was much later before it became a 5 man.

So basically blizzard is giving us the most loot friendly version off UBRS right at launch, where I will probably run it once or twice max?

3 Likes

yes the orb is faster, but you were in fact wrong about where the portal was
just like how you are wrong about ubrs not being able to being a 5 man
i am willing to put down $1000 bet that it will be beaten by 5 people
but you wont take the bet

2 Likes

In 1.3 they capped it at 15.
In 1.10 they dropped the cap to 10.
It was much later before it became a 5 man.

I edited my post above to reflect this, yes there was a 5 man UBRS, no it was not available at launch, it was made 5 man as a catch up mechanics before TBC dropped.

This is rediculously inauthentic and cheapening the vanilla gearing process by a large margin.

(And I know exactly where the orb for BWL is, down the hall to the right of UBRS, I currently use it twice a week raiding with my guild.)

2 Likes

cap doesnt mean it cannot be beaten by 5 people, plenty of people did 5 man groups before 1.10

that being said, they have already stated multiple times they are going with a later patch

so to quote someone from before

1 Like

5 people could not beat 15 man UBRS, maybe in your post nerf world yes.

Also I am stating reasons why 5 man should not be available at launch, but thanks for confirming we are getting a cheapened vanilla experience.

1 Like

Post a source for your claim or nothing you say matters in this thread.

4 Likes

We did 30 man UBRS to gear our tanks and healers and get the attunement quests with the guild.

Did you miss the part where I said I am also here seek clarification?
I am also trying to learn if we are getting a 5 man or 10 man UBRS.

Do a forum search, many people have brought it up, I to am looking for a direct source.

From what I can tell from previous posters, it seems it was quickly glossed over in a Q&A, without many people understanding the importance of 10 vs 5 man UBRS at launch.

from the info blizz has put forth thus far, it should be a 10 man, since its post 1.10, can it be 5 man? its always been 5 man from the beginning

it wasnt made into a 5 man only dungeon tell after 4.0

1 Like

The orb behind Drak is the attunement for BWL. I don’t recall, it’s been a while, if you actually orb into BWL. The attunement starts with the quest Blackhands Command to kill Drak in UBRS. The actual orb you touch to enter BWL is down the hallway to the right where you kill the guy to get the note.

i know where the orb is, ive used it many times

but then the orb doesnt matter, its the dungeon that matters
(i can do this too)

Congrats, now can you please stop derailing the thread with stupid crap that doesn’t matter or relate to the thread.
This is not a discussion about the location of BWL.
Boot off.

1 Like

what threat?