5 days left

I play FF from some time. And I even play it in its original language.
Dont come with “wow minds” because it doesnt cut it.

FF is not “bim bam bum, loot” design. They deliver much more content AS THEIR AIMS ARE than WOW as ITS AIMS ARE. If you want to compare wow to ff using the metrics of what they are wanting to offer, ofc either will be better from the narrow perspective because they games to different people.

Problem is FF succeeds in what it does for its goals.
WoW is failing at its goals, and at the goals FF has to its development too.

4 Likes

What are you even on about?

We’ve gotten less story from expansion to expansion as well, the only thing that has maintained is 3 4 boss raids and 3 4 boss 24 man raids, everything else has been less.

They even stopped doing class quests.

It seems like your responses today have been “You deserved to have your puppy kicked”, so I don’t think you have a superior position.

2 Likes

Match-3 and gatcha games are where it’s at!

You will return after Endwalker fails.

:purple_heart:

1 Like

i think WoW has a nicer community compared to LoL tbh.

although i agree with you it does seems like your outing everyone in the community in general which i disagree with. there are nice people in the community if you ever come across them.

3 Likes

The community beats you?

The whole thing about WoW and FF is simple to see.

People who enjoyed some aspects of the old WoW gravitate towards FF because it is in the molds of other MMORPGs of old that WoW was inspired on, and copied for a long time before changing into something of “its own”.

The “modern” wow crowd dont like the idea that you gotta “take it slow” and have more story oriented game. In FF they dont care about making dungeons for its own sake. The dungeons must be part of the story, and relevant to it. The PvP is not taken into a status of “a game in itself” and also is taken into account inside the story.

Of course many people who likes WoW dislikes FF in its differences, because they like what WoW is and FF is not.

To compare you have to go to the foundations of both games that must be the same, and things they could do in both games into their specific goals.

Housing in FF has a reason, and that reason wont be the same in WoW. They could do “good housing” in WoW, but the model FF uses has no reason to be done in WoW.

However, the basic assumption that you need to have a perceived motivation to go along the things they do, that is in both games. And FF respects it to ITS TARGETED AUDIENCE, and WoW does not. WoW is now as among my people we call “thug love”, it is accepting the slaps from anyone who gives it. FF is not abiding to change its aims and targeted audience, players who like the game, to “get more people” and mischaracterize their game.

Yoshida himself said, the game is not prepared for the influx of players he sees, but it will try to stay true, despite doing efforts to accommodate that influx. But they in no way will make the game change to get “more people”.

WoW has been changing to “get more people”, and that is making it worse to everyone.

4 Likes

I can understand leaving the game because of the position it’s currently in… but this forum? It’s roughly one percent of the playerbase.

It has become worse and worse over time here, though. So much of the internet has become the same way.

:sob: surely doesn’t mean me :]

I’m curious what other communities you’ve dealt with

Faretheewell friendo! I hope you find a new MMO in the future with a community that you like :+1: Keep your ears peeled for news on Riots LoL MMO and I think DreamHaven is going to start work on one as well.

2 Likes

I’m hoping Palea will be interesting. But it’s two years away.

It’s a culmination of several things. The forum was just the thing that triggered his “I quit” decision. I don’t blame him. The wow playerbase and by extension this forum are full of smartalecks that will bring you down for whatever reason. Watch as some guy will quote me and say something witty as a gotcha.

For me, I don’t think I’d ever see the forum as a final straw. If it were a guild, that would be different. But I guess after so many regulars left, I don’t have as much of a connection to this place like I once did.

cya jeeves.

Why can’t people just leave?

3 Likes

I know right. These people always have to have a public outburst before quitting a simple video game.

Turn your sub off and go do something else. It’s a video game not the end of the world.

Smh…

4 Likes

Can’t help but notice you didn’t post this from your main so gonna take a huge grain of salt on this. Anyone want a margarita?

Aside from the forums, I’ve very rarely had negative interactions with the community in game. Well once I learned how to leave trade chat like 15 years ago at least.

He’s gonna be sad when he finds HW was the peak :frowning:

For someone claiming to be “done with the community”, you post a lot.

5 Likes

Gratz for having the balls to speak the truth I say. I hope you find something that makes you happy take care.

3 Likes