Should you ask mages for water on BGs?

Av is a 40 man raid. Do you go on your 40 man guild raids expecting everyone else to bring consumables for YOU? Their are a few different ways to get 55 food and water. One merchant sells a consumable that does food/water together even. You mention you prepare before going to a bg even. Why cant others? I come prepared to the point that i only have 6 slots open in my bags. Why? Because I have health pots, mana pots, faps, speed potions, shadow/frost shield potion buffs, magic resists potions, and more!!! Plus my pvp/pve gear. So I couldn’t even fill up my inventory to get a mass of mana potions because I am coming to the bg ready to fight. People. Need. To. Be. PREPARED.

Edit: And those six slots are filled with my food/water.

1 Like

I imagine you clean house too on that level 84

1 Like

You shouldn’t have to ask. Good mages did/do share it.

Still best to come prepared, esp if you don’t feel like dealing with uppity mages. Best water is in AV anyway.

I wouldn’t enter a BG as a mage without a bagful of (free) water to share, but that’s just me.

1 Like

My favorite is when you load into a battleground and someone just opens trade with you. They don’t ask first, whisper, or anything. If you wait about 30 seconds with the window open, they might ask haha.

1 Like

Sure you can ask for anything. As a warlock I give them a HS in trade for water. Not too bad a trade in a BG if you ask me. A button click for a button click.

EDIT: Just don’t give me any of that lvl 45 Toilet water. You can keep that, would rather go oom and die.

2 Likes

This sort of outreach works wonders. I have something similar macro’d.

17 Likes

You mean an epic 1v1 and warlock buffer with side heal and buff hustle?

Ask away man.

When I get into AV, if I have no food/water, I ask immediately. Then ask for healthstones too. Inquire about a few buffs.

Groups not set up? I’ll ask for assist and build them.

It’s a team, and the more everyone works as such the better off everyone is.

Ask early when you get in and nicely. If they dont respond, ask someone else. Glhf :slight_smile:

1 Like

you’ve said too much

If mages don’t want to be healed, then they don’t have to give water.

3 Likes

You could always farm for an hour or two.

I’ll give water if asked. If a trade window opens up though without anything being said, that’s another story.

I can’t make water for everyone and buff Arcane brilliance on everyone and get my mana back before the BG starts though.

4 Likes

Love this. If you are a Ret or Shadow, this means don’t ask me for water. I’ll give feral druids water in WSG only, not AB.

I don’t give water to obvious macros
Gotta put in some effort for those tasty treats

1 Like

i mean they got like 2 minutes they can spam out a few, better than losing nodes to people just being oom or only got partial mana sucking down that 45 water

2 Likes

What if I told you I have a %t in there?

4 Likes

Mage here - Though not Classic. As a mage, it doesn’t bother me honestly… I need it to as I’m arcane xD

1 Like

I just come with like 3-400 waters made. Tell people to trade for water. Buffs appreciated.

3 Likes

Ask politely, wait for response, don’t bother them if they don’t respond or don’t give you any water.

There’s no drawback to a polite request. Anyone who’s offended by that isn’t worth dealing with anyway.

5 Likes

If you just open a window and say nothing, I ignore you. Ask and if I can, you will receive.

2 Likes

Dunno, i normally carry 5 stacks of AD juice boxes.
(No not just for playing a BG)
Dont think i have ever asked for water, i have had it handed to me
i usually cancel and say than you but im good there.

1 Like