Malefic Cores And Catching Up With Corruption Resistance

To get an extra 125 that’s another 42 weeks.

Rough guess but shadowlands will probably be out by then.

2 Likes

That’s probably because they didn’t do to you what they did to Hunters. I played a Monk after they ruined my Hunter. It was a fun class. All three specs offered a unique experience. The different was that it was designed that way from the very start.

You are right. Everyone who posts on the forum has only played that one single class the entire game.

I didn’t get mage tower appearances on 6 guys or anything.

I wasn’t trying to be contrite. I mained a ranged Survival hunter for about 10 years (but I played a lot of classes as alts). The Legion pre-patch broke my heart. They even took our traps because “spec identity.” They eventually, and reluctantly, gave some of them back. I still don’t have my main class/spec so you can understand why I’m not overly fond of “spec identity.”

They used it to justify some of the worst pruning of the game, because they didn’t want two specs to have the same abilities because they wouldn’t feel special.

Personally, I didn’t care if 4 other specs or classes had similar abilities. When I used that ability to do something cool, it was a good feeling. Spec identity took that away.

4 Likes

This is one of the few “infinite grinds” that I don’t mind in the slightest. You can cope with 15 minutes a week.

1 Like

Yes! There is. It’s called Mail Muncher, and it’s … spiky.

There’s also the Wicked Swarmer mount available from Wrathion. I’m determined to get both of them.

3 Likes

Of all the posts in this thread, this is the one you reply to… no wonder the game is ran into the ground.

7 Likes

I didn’t know they allowed you guys to actually speak to us. You are not going to get in trouble are you? I got your back if they do.

1 Like

Could you reconsider this part and allow me to get one from LFR? It could drop until rank 15 but maybe not after that. I am only asking because my alts would love an easy catch up.

5 Likes

They’ve only added parts of what made Diablo work, and those parts don’t work on their own.

2 Likes

It’s not a grind. 15-30 minutes weekly is nothing. It’s a weekly chore.

Do it every week or you’ll fall behind… Then again, what’s the point of maxing out in September? So you can wear one extra Corruption piece for a month or two?

1 Like

Yeah i just dont see this patch keeping people around lol.

The loss of power/level scaling that will likely occur in Shadowlands really makes this chore a colossal waste of time.

2 Likes

Horrible scrubs like myself take a lot more time than 15 to 30 minutes a week to complete this. For me, it’s more like 8 hours.

6 Likes

Yeah and when people coming back in preparation for Shadowlands see people dropping infinite stars and whatnot all over the place they’ll ask how they can do it too? Oh, just do a couple of chores for the next 20 weeks. It’s fine. Can I do it any faster? Nope! Get in line for your drippings, paypig!

Compared to the end of Legion when we were all having a blast with our ridiculously OP weapons that could be powered up in about 5 minutes.

2 Likes

so its a Mount from a Mail box not a Mount with a Mail box. :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah, 15 minutes is an understatement. 30 minutes is about right if you’ve already got all the vessels. Either way, it’s just a dumb chore to do every week for 6 months for basically no payoff whatsoever besides using maybe one extra corrupted item in the very last month of the expansion. Oh, be still my beating heart!

3 Likes

Ahh, another band aid rental system that has not been thought through… /facepalm/ , if this is how it is then all the more reason FOR ME to skip Shadowlands at this point.

Can’t wait for concordance point 2.0 on the covenant system.

2 Likes

Just here to see, if I’m the only person here that doesn’t have the mop cloak rehash on any of my characters :rofl: Change the name of this game to world of catch up mechanics, and be done with it already lol.

1 Like

Personally, I see this as a perk since I’m going to be farming corrupted mementos for my gear to be socketed and run full clears every week for 450-470 gear drops similar to running a M+ for main.

1 Like

The point is it’s a long term content nerf to help guilds possibly get a small amount stronger during the longer raid tier.

Once you clear what you want though why bother keeping up with it?

And raiders are likely killing N’Zoth anyway so it’s not even something extra. Just like the WoD ring and Legion trinket upgrades from Archimond and Argus.