460 iLevel PvP Gear

BM wants crit for dance build.

Don’t think anyone actually PvP’s as that (at least not seriously).

I guess crit is less nerfed for ele because they already have higher crit % damage compared to the rest.

I still thought vers/haste were better though.

Critical Strike is the worst stat for most specs because it’s 50% nerfed in PvP.

The NPC offers other PvP weapons without Critical Strike, so if your spec can use one of those, you’ll get full value out of the stats on your PvP weapon.

Let’s consider this 2H staff.

When the dev created it, they chose what stats it would have. They decided to place most of its secondary stats into the worst stat for PvP. Very few specs want Critical Strike in PvP. Holy paladins can’t even equip a 2H staff.

So, who was this “PvP” 2H staff created for? Ele shamans? BM hunters? PvEers?

What about all the casters who aren’t Ele shamans?

2 Likes

I still end up running a lot more crit than I should for pvp, but that is because for pve it is weighted highly for both of my dps specs and I just don’t have the patience to carry 6 sets of gear.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t use a 2 H staff anyway :face_with_raised_eyebrow: but ya …I get your point.

The PvP one handed weapons had more of a choice with vers/haste and vers/mastery combos

I’d also be concerned if a BM hunter wanted to use this caster staff.

So, basically, Blizzard created a “PvP” weapon that nobody wants to use in PvP.

The problem with the 1H weapons is if you use a 2H weapon right now, you don’t have another 1H weapon. Furthermore, the PvP NPC won’t offer weapons again for 9 weeks.

That’s what I thought when I picked the 460 weapon over the shield . But my 460 pvp weapon sims worse than my socketed 445 weapon with void corruption from the raid . So I screwed myself .

I should have just picked the shield.

So you’re saying every spec in game values crit as its’ optimal stat, like Ele. :thinking:

Just kidding. But in all seriousness, this is depressing. Not being able to utilize the stats that I want. And to add insult to injury the warlock above comes in from pve because there’s a weapon optimized for her pve needs.

Blizzard supposedly wanted ilevel to be an easy indicator of gear upgrades.

2 Likes

And the change they made to help that is what made upgrade choices even harder to tell. Heck I got 445 pieces that out sim my 460s

Well, as long as the PvEers are happy…

:wink:

2 Likes

As I stated above, I understand that PVPers are unhappy with the current gear system and they should be. There should be PVP vendors. Stats on gear should be weighted towards the PVP side of the game. You shouldn’t have to do tons of PVE for gear if you don’t want to.

I would be very happy for all of you if that happens. When I mained a Shaman back in TBC, I did arenas for the gloves. That +5 range for shock spells was great for helping me kite striders during the Lady Vashj fight. I did it for the raid team, but I didn’t want to do PVP for gear.

Honestly, I still don’t. It just so happens that the staff is great for me. Much of the other gear isn’t. I prefer to get my gear through raiding and other PVE activities. If I get something from PVP that helps me, it’s a bonus. I’m doing PVP for the honor and to reach level 400. (Bloody devs and making the reward pets at that level!).

PVPers pay 15$ a month, too, and should be happy with their experience.

5 Likes

Yea as bad as PvPers have it pet collectors really do have it worse. They have to do reputation grinds, honor, probably archaeology too. OMG if I had to do archaeology for PvP I would be so sad.

edit: I’m kind of scared that people are going to report my post just so that blizzard can’t see it and add archaeology to the PvP grind.

4 Likes

“This will help with participation and you will enjoy it”-Ion

2 Likes

I’ve made posts suggesting that Blizzard starts gating bis PvP gear behind cross-game promotions.

1 Like

Since they like doing the opposite… I definitely do NOT want vendors.

2 Likes

I have 8 times

The polearm wouldn’t be bad either tbh.

Link your twitter to your battletag and retweet our patch 8.3 announcement twenty times and N’Zoth may notice you!

Recruit one million new players through linkedin referrals and we’ll unleash the PvP vendors!

Find the last remaining MySpace user for the Horde and you may recieve a fishbox! It’s like an x-box except it’s not real and made of digital fish!

Maybe… maybe it’s a good thing that I’m not a game developer after all.

2 Likes