400 MS Batching/2.5 Tick Servers

But why? Honestly why. What do you believe their goal is for classic?

Batching is in the game because of this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML6R-HSzndQ&t=1s

You wanna know how the guy who made the video feels about the current spell batching??

Why? Because it would improve the game? I’m not saying REMOVE batching, but this is honestly excessive. Two times yesterday alone, a heal HAPPENED, but it didnt, the target died. Not like they went up, and then died, but it never landed.

Thats garbage, it shouldnt be like that.

You know ‘improving’ the game is subjective correct?

Certainly. However if you want to tell me that people from 2005 have a crystalline memory and MUST feel like they are playing on dial up or terrible DSL in order to enjoy classic again, I’ll have to assume you are arguing in bad faith.

Keep Batching. No problem. Do not however hold me down to a 400 Ping or whatever, when we know it doesnt need to happen. Much like they did for Overwatch, tighten it up. It IMPROVES the game to make it more responsive, for all but the bottom tier players, who are going to be farmed in a week anyway.

It may tighten it up, but this isn’t blizzards goal for classic, never has been.

That’s sort of the whole point behind classic was to make it feel as ‘classic’ as possible.

All Ive gotten from this thread is this…

PAY PIG OINK OINK

There are plenty of things they bent on, if not broke all together. This could easily be one of them.

1 Like

The things they bent on or ‘broke’ were things that wouldn’t have been realistically achievable.

They failed, then. My Vanilla experience was less laggy than what I get now in 2019. Maybe most people were on potato PC’s back then with dial-up, but I had a good PC and cable internet in 2005.

1 Like

Sure

Btw your connection and computer didn’t matter these systems were still in place back then so…at the very least it’s the exact same lol

I dont think prople correctly rember early to mid 2000s lag compensation. It was extremely noticable if you had a good connection. Not just in WoW but almost all games. Wow had large delays on button presses firing off and interrupting a spell late in the case would be a dicey move that a good outcone would lock the school but it would still land. In fps games lag boxes could neqely double the targets size. Im not saying its optimsl for gameplay but it does feel like old lag compensation to me.

FD/ Trap is not working correctly confirmed by a blue and it HAS NOT been fixed yet.

1 Like

How do you think it’d go if Valve released CS 1.6 remastered with OG lag compensation? Is this what we want for the game? Doesn’t matter anyway because of the submissive masses, but it’s pretty clear this was a poor decision.

My comment was just for the people that say vanillas lag compensation wasnt like this. (Bugs fixed in vanilla due to the compesation that need to be fixed again not withstanding) I think the choice to go with early to mid 2000s lag compensation levels isnt the best choice as its more if a “well technically it was like this” scenario.

I was referring to OG Vanilla Hunter videos where FD/Trap is actually working. The way it is in the Activision/cheap AF servers version of the game is part of the reason for the unsub.

Not really, no. There are numerous times I get weird faux-latency behaviors that I never experienced in 2006. Then again, I was in CA with broadband, so if I had latency issues it was usually wider internet problems. (Or, in one quite memorable case, a dying router.)

Actually, yes. The one thing I did get a sense of was the number of Blizzard employees who were really onboard with the project, spending time checking and double-checking against their reference.

Of course, their reference client wouldn’t HAVE latency issues because it is on-site. How would they mimic the difference that two unique players might have seen because one was on a toaster and dial-up while another was on the latest and greatest hardware and satellite? They did have to pick something that would have a closer feel to the limitaitions of yesteryear.

LOL, no. The GAME, all of it, is so engaging that it IS as great as I thought.

I get that this is a much bigger problem for you because PvP, and probably some specific aspect of PvP that makes it harder for you to stomp others. However, for me doing PvE it has mostly been learning how to gauge when something will cast or whether I’ll make it past something.

And, really, what was the authentic vanilla experience but the very process of figuring out how to deal with whatever level of latency we individually had? Learn and adapt and find what worked best.

1 Like

It actually makes it easier to stomp people as Rogue with batching. Vanish is 40x stronger than it was in Vanilla. There’s other examples, as well. Classes such as Hunter are borderline unplayable because of it and having 0.4 second delayed cheap shots just feels gross.

1 Like

Just going to keep repeating the facts when you keep blabbering nonsense.

It’s the exact same as vanilla.

You’re either a troll or just delusional.

1 Like