400-500g is kinda insane for 1 flask

And we thought 200g was a lot for a flask, lol. Personally I don’t know if blizz should step in again and tweak availability but there is no way I could flask on top of normal 200-400g in consumes for a naxx progression raid.

5 Likes

Why you did not buy them before p6?
I personally had saved up 14 flasks but sold them off right now to make gold

Why did you not earn more gold before needing to sell the flasks?

10 Likes

I did, i had alts for tailor/LW, and main with herb/mining. So i saved up everything upto Naxx and sold 2 weeks before except arcane crystals. I began selling arcanes 3 days before Naxx. Then after this Tues seeing flasks prices I sold them off too.
I have 44k gold if I wont bring it with my in BC its fine because I didnt spend real money or farmed much time in game.

Most people did, they get used. You’re talking around the real issue though, supply inherently doesn’t meet demand on most servers. There’s a difference between paying gold to save time farming and paying gold despite spending a lot of time farming. The latter is a problem, and it’s been the problem surrounding black lotus since phase 1, exacerbated by botting, fly hacking, teleport hacking, and players locking down entire zone spawns because they have the time and the spawns are easy to camp.

Black lotus spawns or flask recipes need to change to meet demand. This can be done by increasing either how much and how varied black lotus spawns are, or by increasing how many flasks are produced per craft.

If each flask craft created 5 flasks instead of 1, it would use up current lotus stockpiles to meet flask demands. Over time, the newly met demand will cause the set price of lotus to drop.

However, I think it’s cleaner to just increase black lotus spawns so that players can feasibly farm it for themselves without investing an extreme amount of time.

11 Likes

Blizz could make it so each high level herb picked has a small chance of also looting a blacklotus but highly doubt that would ever happen.

Could increase respawn rates of blacklotus or add more spawn nodes.

10 Likes

if you guys want these kind of changes wait for blizzard to re-release classic with changes.

like more abundant black lotus. all specs being viable etc etc.

not this version.

its a tactic to get people to quit classic and move to shadowlands, it’s 100% effective.

2 Likes

lol, no, it’s not.

they’d lose more customers than they’d gain if that was their intention. They have no incentive to make shadowlands a competitor to classic. They want both to coexist peacefully.

1 Like

ITT people who couldnt handle naxx. Go to retail.

2 Likes

This ain’t Vanilla and they already changed BL spawns. Which means more for the underground bots I see and report every day.

Blizzard also crammed 6X the players on a server and have so far failed to do anything about bots/hacks etc. No in game GM’s and no authentic servers… what did everyone expect?

6 Likes

Yes because servers with 10,000 players are just like vanilla.

7 Likes

This is the result of supply and demand, and right now the demand is kinda nuts while the supply is probably designed for servers with 2500 players max at peak hours.

No idea what the actual classic realms are at, but I imagine the high pop servers are a bit more populated than Vanilla.

My server Kurinnaxx is fairly close to a Vanilla size realm in reality, but the demand for consumes is high because also a higher portion of the players raid in classic.

So now you have a situation where there are more raiders per capita, and more overall players per server with what is probably the same supply.

So the prices is gonna be nuts

1 Like

Everyone was too busy flasking to clear MC 7 minutes faster they don’t have any for Naxx.

10 Likes

Trust me, there’s no shortage of supply. This is purely people raising prices to meet the sudden demand of a new, (relatively) difficult raid.

1 Like

Then don’t flask.

1 Like

quit buying flasks and the price will come down. kill the bosses you can kill without flasks until your raid has the gear to kill the bosses you can’t kill without flasks.

2 Likes

That is what I would call progression.

People don’t want that though, they want to down every boss instantly. The famed first night clear! People aren’t doing this by mastering mechanics but more so by killing a boss at such a speed it would be considered impossible to do in vanilla.

People just want cool loot piñatas to use their abilities on then go clamor about their parse %.

4 Likes

They’re scrubs.

I watched a video on how the guild that got the world first Naxx clear did it. They didn’t even all do it on their mains. They all had two characters and subbed them in and out of the raid depending on what they needed for each fight. Melee or ranged dps and heals.

in Classic not Vanilla I meant to say

1 Like