400-500g is kinda insane for 1 flask

Saw that as well.

Swapping toons in and out depending on the fight was unheard of back then.

I should say I never knew about it and also don’t believe it started to happen till around some world first races in wrath.

2 Likes

I started to witness this in TBC, people would switch toons mid raid once the raids were on farm to help gear up there alt then switch to there main for the “harder” fights.

2 Likes

Perfect response. It is the failure of certain players that they are in the situation that they are in and in typical crybaby “mommy pls blizzard fix it” they run to the forums to get things nerfed.

These are the same ppl saying classic is so ez dood.

Obtaining resources is a big part of the game. Go to retail if you want baby bottle vendors. You couldnt handle naxx, stop trying to ruin it for the people who can.

1 Like

but everyone said classic is so easy why you need a flask?

The supply is being controlled to inflate demand. Blotus has been farmed to death and back and hoarded since phase 1. While it is true that the supply spawning does not meet demand, nor does any other material spawn rate on the large servers, it’s not the case that enough blotus doesn’t exist to meet current demands.

Price fixing is the game being played with blotus, and it’s been that way forever. It’s become impossible for anyone new to enter the blotus market, which means that the few people with stockpiles to sell are going to gouge their servers. The insane prices they set will be paid with RMT gold, because Blizzard won’t or can’t keep up with ToS violations.

1 Like

This. This was always the fix that needed to happen to remedy the problem Blizz made for themselves by releasing extremely overpopped servers.

3 Likes

I don’t, actually. No one does, really.

Some people just want to perform better regardless of the necessity.

No, the fix was always to just lower the realm population caps to their vanilla values to actually match what the content was designed to handle.

2 Likes

No it wasn’t. With all the botting and multiboxxing and modern optimization of locking down entire zones due to the fixed spawns of Black Lotus, they needed to decentralize the entire system and put BL on every high-level node so everyone on any realm could reasonably farm 1-2 a day without having multiple accounts or sitting on the rocks in Burning Steppes on a Hunter or scouting nodes with a dead alt.

2 Likes

Do you not understand they would just add high level nodes to their botting routines? They’re already teleport hacking and flying under the ground to avoid being seen. You think they couldn’t do that any time a Mountain Silversage spawned?

1 Like

Except there are many multiple times more Mountain Silversage spawns as Black Lotus spawns in the game. Even if bots locked down 200 of them, that’s not even half the number in the game, and multiple nodes can be up in a zone at once. And even if they locked down 200 Mountain Silversage nodes, there are literally thousands of other high-level nodes in the game to farm.

There is no universe where what you’re saying is worse than what’s already happening.

1 Like

There’s not even 200 Mountain Silversage spawned in the world at any given point, let alone in one zone. They don’t need a bot per node, so the number of spawns is inconsequential. They can just teleport to any of the hundreds of spawn locations instantly.

Even if we’re talking about the less brazen of cheaters, i.e. regular bots sans teleport hacking, you’re going to present a new gold making opportunity for them. If they can get Black Lotus by camping regular herb spawns, legitimate players are going to get far fewer of those herbs because bots will be camping them non-stop in way greater numbers.

Despite all their efforts, legitimate players still do get Black Lotuses, albeit rarely. Do you really want to make all the high level herbs equally as rare to obtain by directing all the bots to them in some vain attempt to… what? Make Black Lotus more common? It’s SUPPOSED to be rare. Combat botting? This doesn’t do that at all.

If any of what you just said was a reflection of reality, then you’d see bots camping every RTV node in the game. Do you know why they don’t?

Instanced RTVs in DME.

It’s impossible for bots to lock them down because players can farm them inside instances. Guess what else is in instances? High-level herbing nodes. So no, you wouldn’t see a mass lockdown of every herb node in the game for the same reason you don’t currently see it happening to RTVs which would actually be much more manageable for bots since there are far fewer RTV spawns than all high-level herbing nodes.

3 Likes

pretty naive to think its market control on a HIGH pop server

No, we absolutely gotta faceroll the entire instance on week 1. Also, nevermind that we’re supposed to craft the Frost resist set that we can get from the instance itself to kill Sapphiron; let’s have our raiders spend thousands of gold or dozens of hours farming low level Frost resist so that we can just still chain wipe and waste everyone’s time and gold.

2 Likes

LOL. You mean clearing a mult-wing instance with bosses that drop gear to further help clear later bosses in same instance WASN’T intended to be cleared in the first night?

so you want retail

go play retail then

Can’t beat them, join them… right? Last week I gave in and parked my hunter out in Winterspring to eagle eye around for lotus spawns.

This has proved to be a pointless task as nobody normal can compete with the multiple hunters that have lotus runners/spawn campers. When I scout around there are horde and ally characters sprinkled around at various spawns. I’ve taken to camping one spot in hopes that maybe it will show up at some point in my 8 hour workday.

Sorry not sorry, but this is not what it was like to play vanilla at all :]

4 Likes

Its not just black lotus at this point. Its basically every useful herb. Plagebloom is WAY up there too now.

Inflation + Demand = High Prices

Part of the issue is game design. Not enough gold sinks. Another part is the mega servers. There isn’t enough resources to support 40+ raiding guilds per faction per a server.

Then you add the fact that some players are basically printing gold faster than the Federal Reserve prints dollars…and gold’s value will continue to decrease.

I can handle players being AH goblins or sweaty campers with an account for each lotus spawn but what I cannot handle is this “teleport/flyhacking” that everyone keeps saying is going on.

I have never once encountered such a thing but if it is truly something that bots and RMT companies are getting away with then Things are a sad state of affairs

I do wonder what kind of black lotus supply exists out there in the various banks of all the players on any given server.