4 piece Brewmaster set - change it please

9.2.0 Class Set - Monk - Brewmaster - 4PC Breath of Fire empowers your next Tiger Palm or Blackout Kick, increasing Shuffle duration and Brew cooldown reduction by 100%.

Hey I get that this is super early, but please change this. Half the bonus is entirely non-starter, and the other half is nonsensically weak.

A brew playing properly will already have 100% uptime on shuffle. This is nothing. This is literally nothing and no benefit. Whoever put this in place does not play a monk.

Brews should not be spamming tiger palm to reduce brew cooldown. Tiger palm is a 1 second reduction, doubling it to a whopping 2 seconds… every 15 seconds.

BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE!

Notice that cool “OR”? Dont think bof would empower BOTH your abilities, that would be OP!

YOU GET ONE

You should always be black out kicking before tiger palming, so the cooldown starts SO YOU WILL NEVER SEE THE “GOOD” HALF OF THIS SET BONUS. YOU WILL ONLY GET SHUFFLE DURATION INCREASE WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

While the 2 set bonus is… fine, both bonuses are entirely defensive. (While being BAD defensive at that) both guardian and prot warrior get offensive increases in their set bonuses. We need something comparable to keep up with threat and damage output. Not every monk is a kyrian, and only giving us defensive bonuses hampers the already weak night fae.

This 4 piece is baddie trashgarbo. Change it.

If you want to empower shuffle, make it convert the next hit to stagger at twice the rate or something.

Give us elethium diffuser, the torghast power, but as a set bonus.

Make breath of fire and spitfire actually interact with celestial flames???

Make blackout kick and tiger palm refund some energy if they crit??

There are so many better ideas for set bonuses.

• Bobby kotick should resign
5 Likes

I agree, the 4 piece is hot garbage. The 2 piece is fine, if a little boring, but that 4 piece is so irrelevant.

Like does blizzard not realize we don’t even bother to track shuffle? As long as your hitting buttons it’s going to be up.

Also notice that both our set bonuses are completely defensive, so… better hope the raid has some goody trinkets because our threat will fall behind. Especially if you’re a defensive covenant like fae or necro.

Just look at what they gave guardian. The difference is obscene.

(2-Set) Casting Barkskin causes you to Berserk for 4 sec.

(4-Set) While Berserked, you radiate (45% of Attack power) Cosmic damage to nearby enemies and heal yourself for (61% of Attack power) every 1 sec.

And here is prot warrior

Consuming 30 rage grants a stack of Outburst, upon reaching 8 stacks of Outburst your next Shield Slam or Thunder Clap are 200% more effective, or your next Ignore Pain is 50% more effective.

Avatar increases your damage dealt by an additional 10% and decreases damage taken by 10%. Avatar instantly grants 8 stacks of Outburst

I get that this is early development, but holy cow the monk set bonus makes absolutely no sense compared to the other two. It is hot trash.

If they’re going to do an offensive and defensive bonus, breath of fire 2 bonus should do 100% more initial damage, which would help with threat generation.

2 Likes

I agree. But I would say change both of those set bonuses. I’d rather 100% uptime on BoF then increasing it’s effect.

But the 4 piece is really bad.

From what I can see, all of the tank specs (except Brewmaster) get DPS increases - not just Guardian and Prot Warrior.
Blood DK: Strength increase and parries can cause free Heart Strikes. Also, two Rune Weapons.
Demon Hunter: Free Immolation Auras.
Prot Pally: Free Judgments. This also possibly means more holy power which mean more Shield of the Righteous hits.

Brewmasters…100% shuffle instead of 99.9%? I think about the only DPS increase you’ll see here is if you run Necrolord and use the brew CD reduction to get more Bonedust Brews.
At least make it so that the 2P bonus is something like “High Potency Brew” where Breath of Fire burns extra hot due to extra alcohol content so causes more enemy damage along more damage reduction. The 4P bonus needs to be something that creates fun synergy.

1 Like

BdB: 1 min cd
BoF: 15 second CD
You would get a total of 4 seconds of brew reduction. That’s 1 1/3 of a keg smash. :upside_down_face:
Or 1 keg smash, since you can’t fit all 4 in.

Like… it’s so bad. it’s SO bad.

Yup. That was my point. Looking at that as a DPS increase was reaching, at best.
Hopefully, it will be one that they fix before live.

1 Like

If they had to keep it along these lines, what they should do is drop the blackout kick and replace it with keg smash, then make it 100% increased effect and damage. This however adds another noob trap with tiger palm unless you’re doing some wierd blackout combo dps build (still might even be a dps loss, not gonna try and figure out the numbers).

Honestly though, I think blizzard needs to go back to the drawing board with this one.

I think blood will low key be crazy. Parrying will making heartstrike which gives a stacking 1% strength buff. Strength gives you parry so you will heartstrike more often. Stack crit so you parry even more. Run the dancing rune weapon legendary for even more parry.

I’m sorry Luup. I know how much you adore Brew. This is actually sad. It really is tragically bad compared to literally any other tank.

The Guardian Druid tier set bonuses are absolutely monstrously insane by any comparison!

Heck even with nothing to compare it too it’s still horripuke bad and not even worthy of a trinket slot.

This breaks my heart I hate seeing any class get screwed over but always Monks it seems…

Maybe they forgot a sentence or a line of text? Lol?

Hang in there and do what every Monk does for a living; Scream for buffs!

2 Likes

I am gonna walk to Ion’s house and trick or treat for monk buffs.

2 Likes

/facepalm

These are just pitiful. All they had to do was pick the best two bonuses from previous expansions and call it a day. Not just for monk, but for every class.

For my own reference I am jotting this down this. All info is from WoWhead.

Vestments of the Red Crane
(2) Set : Increases the chance to dodge granted by your Elusive Brew ability by an additional 5%.
(4) Set : Increases the damage absorbed by your Guard ability by 20%.

Fire-Charm Vestments
(2) Set : After Elusive Brew expires, the amount of damage you Stagger is increased by 6%. This effect lasts 1 sec per stack of Elusive Brew consumed.
(4) Set : Each time you take damage from Stagger, you have a 10% chance to make your next Purifying Brew cost no Chi. (Proc chance: 10%)

Vestments of the Seven Sacred Seals
(2) Set : Reduces the cooldown of Fortifying Brew by 30 sec.
(4) Set : Purifying Brew also heals you for 15% of the amount of staggered damage cleared.

Battlegear of the Somber Gaze
(2) Set (Brewmaster): Dodging an attack generates 2 Energy.
(4) Set (Brewmaster): When clearing Moderate Stagger with Purifying Brew, you generate 1 stack of Elusive Brawler.

Battlewrap of the Hurricane’s Eye
(2) Set (Brewmaster): Increases the chance to for your Gift of the Ox to summon a Healing Sphere by 2%.
(4) Set (Brewmaster): Every time you gather a Healing Sphere, the remaining cooldowns of your Ironskin Brew and Purifying Brew are reduced by 1 sec.

Vestments of Enveloped Dissonance
(2) Set (Brewmaster): Ironskin Brew is 10% more effective.
(4) Set (Brewmaster): Tiger Palm reduces the remaining cooldown on your brews by an additional 1 sec.

Xuen’s Battlegear
(2) Set (Brewmaster): Consuming a brew has a 40% chance to generate a Gift of the Ox Healing Sphere. (Proc chance: 40%)
(4) Set (Brewmaster): When a Gift of the Ox Healing Sphere is consumed, your current Stagger amount is lowered by 5%.

Chi-Ji’s Battlegear
2 pieces (Brewmaster) : Breath of Fire has a 100% chance to generate a stack of Elusive Brawler for each target hit.
4 pieces (Brewmaster) : Every time you dodge an attack, the remaining cooldown of Breath of Fire is reduced by 2.0 sec.

Can whatever dev is obsessed with BoF just go play fire mage pls

stahp it. stope.

3 Likes

Damn though Luup. Hang in der.

I still miss Monk but I don’t regret picking up Blood DK for my tanking fix this expansion.

…but to be fair, it was more to do with me liking Blood than disliking Brew.

I really hope this is just a misprint or something simply due to how far off base from being useful it actually is.

I mean, if it was April 1st…

1 Like

I don’t know if you played BRM back in Legion, but our go to legendary items were Stormstout’s Last Grasp (Keg Smash gains one charge and does more damage) and Sal’salabim’s Lost Tunic (Breath of Fire’s cooldown is reset when you use Keg Smash).

This meant you had a 100% uptime on BoF and were recasting it every ~6 seconds. The Antorus set was complete garbage. If I remember right, I kept my Tomb of Sargeras 4 piece throughout the next tier because it was so amazing.

Edit: Tomb of Sargeras being Xuen’s Battlegear
(2) Set (Brewmaster): Consuming a brew has a 40% chance to generate a Gift of the Ox Healing Sphere. (Proc chance: 40%)
(4) Set (Brewmaster): When a Gift of the Ox Healing Sphere is consumed, your current Stagger amount is lowered by 5%.

1 Like

It’s also just… not our class/spec defining ability. We are called Brewmasters, not Firelord Zukos.

I find bof an ok ability at best, with downsides. (long extended dots can be difficult to manage with CC. See: trying to needle the Plagueslime on Dr Ickus fight)

It’s keg smash that makes Brew feel like Brew, but until they give us Chen’s as a baseline, we’re stuck chasing after the same power while being disappointed with everything else.

If they’re going to do so much with BoF all the time, paralysis needs to remove dots.

2 Likes

BOF is a bad ability, it does 0 damage and the only upside is the damage reduc.

This should literally just be an empowerment to Keg smash lmao

1 Like

Which actually comes from keg smash anyway! :upside_down_face:

Hey man, I’m just out here tryna find new friends so I can avoid playing this class anymore. I keg smash so hard people won’t play with me lmfao

1 Like