4 extra bag slots?

I have tried adding the 4 extra bag slots because I have had an authenticator since they physically came out. How do I go about getting this to work?

Did you also add SMS as well? Both the Authenticator and SMS are required for the extra bag slots.

6 Likes

Correct. The Authenticator by itself will add the Core Hound Pup to the account, but with both that and SMS Protect you’ll be given the extra bag slots. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yes( I asked in a Petition as well, about this very thing. Not just the fact that it “requires you to have a Smart Phone” , but if you didn’t have one; (yes, there are actually people like us disabled ones hehe that don’t have one), but you have to purchase something to have something. We all know bag space is at a premium, and even if it’s just 4 slots. It can make a huge difference. I’ve played on and off since Alpha/Beta and it was suggested MANY years ago, that the first bag be able to switched out for a Tailor Made one! Although some Tailors hit you where it hurts and bag prices are outrageous.

How about we revive that suggestion? Blizzard, can we please revisit the suggestion to make the first bag slot (Backpack of 12 slots) Switchoutable (new word, eh? hehe) for a Tailor made or even merchant purchased one?

Who’s with me?? cradles all the extra quest items in her arms, as they spill out onto the floor, that don’t fit in her bags Bank is full (crafting and “stuff”)…Mule Alts made…Still no room!!

Woohoo! Hurray for extra bag spaces!!

PS…I already have an Authenticator, from when we got hacked SO many years back. huggles her Authenticator Doesn’t that count for something?? =0)

1 Like

You’ll need to make that suggestion in the Professions forum. Customer Support doesn’t take suggestions or feedback for game design.

1 Like

They have already answered this numerous times. The backpack is hardcoded into the character information, as that was the only way to do it when the game came out. To change that at this point would require way too much work and could actually break a lot of the game in the process.

6 Likes

You’re certainly welcome to make that suggestion, but the CS forums are not visted by the development team for feedback. You’ll want to use the in-game suggestion feature.

At this time though, SMS protect is something very different from the authenticator and plays a different role. That’s why they’re trying to encourage the use of it to help players manage their accounts.

As for already having an authenticator, that’s awesome! The day they were made available to be shipped to Canada, I purchased 2! One for me and one for my wife. We now use the mobile version which I happen to prefer :wink: And by adding one, you get an in-game pet. That’s the reward for having the authenticator. Adding SMS protect to it give you the reward of the 4 bag slots.

Considering how many storage options there are now, honestly, it’s just 4 slots.

4 Likes

Do you have a cellphone at all that has text messaging?

The sms messaging required for the 4 extra slots does NOT require a smart phone, just a cellphone with texting available. A smartphone is only required if you wanted to get the mobile authenticator app.

Not all cellphones are eligible for the sms protect, if you have one that is a pay-as-you go instead of a plan/contract you may still have issues, but many cellphones work just fine for sms.

6 Likes

I was actually given a link about this issue from a GM within the past hour or so, and that link was broken. Here is that post from my Petition:
Servotas
Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to me, I hope your day is going well so far! My name is Game Master Servotas and ouch! that cuts deep, we definitely care about players and want to help out when we can.

I’m sorry that we weren’t able to find a way to add those extra 4 bag slots. This actually isn’t something customer support has the tools to do, I wish we could!

That’s why I hope you’ll provide your feedback about allowing the 4 extra bag slots without SMS protect on the forums (https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/). The developers definitely care a lot about player feedback and have made changes to the game based upon discussions there.

Adding SMS protect and an Authenticator is meant to be a way to protect your account from unauthorized access. The developers wanted to give more of an incentive for doing this, so they added the extra 4 bag slots (for both), in addition to the Corehound pet (for an authenticator).

This isn’t something that’s really intended to be mandatory, but an extra bonus for protecting your account. = )

Hexweave Bag can be relatively cheap or easy to make on a tailor. You may want to check out these bags, to get that extra bit of space.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. If you experience other issues in the future, please reach out to us again. Have a great day.

Had no clue where to post where to post then, so I looked up the topic and it was already here. So I added my post. Sorry for the confusion.

Eilis, no( Sadly I do not have a phone to text with, my phone is hardwired to the house and is just that…a phone. Push button, but just a phone. I’m glad you asked the question though) Show people care and try to suggest what they can!

I do love the Core House that came with the Authenticator years back. LOVE his bark!

Ekon, I will go to the Professions Boards ad see if they’ve already made that suggestion, and maybe it will perk up the ideas again.

Thank you all for the direction)!

You may be able to use google voice. It gives you a free telephone number and you can receive text messages.

If I recall, Google Voice and other such services can’t be used. Not secure enough or something, probably because how easily and anonymously you can a phone number.

2 Likes

this is something that should have been gave to ALL players , not everyone has multiple cell phones who play example is my cell for 2 people is a crock of crap so i let my wife have the 4 slots , how is it fair for the rest of us that have been asking for 14 years for extra bag space in our main backpack , its pathetic honestly .

It’s incentive to add extra layers of security to one’s account.

It’s very stiff incentive because security is a considerable issue.

6 Likes

Feedback and suggestions on this belong in General Discussion. The Devs don’t take feedback and suggestions from the Customer Support forum and the SFAs here are not liaisons with them.

3 Likes

I only have one cell phone, and I have both. You can set up the SMS Protect on your phone number and have an authenticator on the same device.

3 Likes

Have you tried using your one cell phone number for SMS protect on both yours and your wife’s account?

SMS Protect can’t be used on more than one account with the same number, while authenticators can be used with up to 3 accounts.

3 Likes

yah it dont work says the sms is already in use

If your phone number isn’t in use by another Battle.Net account for this purpose, it could either be a recycled number by your service provider that happened to be used by another WoW player before you, or it could be a service that isn’t supported by this feature.

3 Likes

I think they were trying to see if they could use the phone number that they share with their wife on their account as well like Nok suggested back in February.