4.5 million and rising fast!

You seemed to forget the part where everyone gets BIS dungeon gear, then nothing left for PVE players. Maybe raiding but that’s once a week. Classic doesn’t have infinite content, it’s just slowly dragged out.

1 Like

Explains why bfa…the never ending game has maybe 3 mil active subs…

Vanilla or classic…the apparently game that has no end…according to you…had 10 million. Go figure which is worse.

1 Like

And reports of 4.5 million players on classic already…but yeah retail is Rock solid

Might want to read that report again.

It’s not 4.5 million players, it’s 4.5 million characters created.

3 Likes

What Patch’s said…4.5million CHARS created, not players. I have 4 alts right now so that should say something. Your rose tinted glasses are glued on too tight to see the actual colors.

3 Likes

And I’d still bet it has more active players than retail

5 Likes

Maybe, but initial interest was never in question for Classic.

It’s the game’s long term retention that people should be looking at. We won’t know those numbers for months.

3 Likes

Sadly these classic obsessed fandom will never accept that the release of 9.0 and next expansion will pull people back and classic won’t be as popular months from now.

1 Like

Jee you’re really doing your part to diffuse the arbitrary divide between the classic and retail playerbase.

/s

3 Likes

There are 7 Billion people in the world. 4.5 million is very small

Retail will always be fail…the never ending rep grinds and going hours not seeing a single player due to them all flying is not a MMORPG.

1-30 in a day is rubbish…tanking 15 mobs at level 10…oh yeah your a champion and everything is handed to you on a silver platter.

1 Like

I see players every single day, many many players…what are you even talking about?

1 Like

It’s 2 weeks old. This would have been true in wod or legion as well… even mop.

1 Like

Did you just imply that Retail hasn’t been in maintenance mode since BFA failed catastrophically?

I am hoping classic can save retail.

Not in the sense of money, but in the sense of Blizzard actually reintroducing old design philosophies. The community aspect is probably forever butchered but the rpg aspect? That could come back.

2 Likes

Wotlk did well, it was more Cata where subs really dropped from then on.

4 Likes

Not out in leveling zones and don’t deny it I’ve played since 2004 all xpacs and they are empty

Well, retail is about max level not leveling.

I’m not surprised. If you release a version of World of Warcraft that doesn’t suck people will play it.

5 Likes

Well yeah, it’s an endgame focused game now.

Leveling is a formality.

You can argue that that’s bad design, and I might agree with you, but to say the game is empty is ignoring where all the players actually are, in the actual content.

2 Likes