4.5 million and rising fast!

hey guys, checked out the server census and it appears we have passed the 4.5 million mark today, Monday we sat at 3.5 million.

source: https:// wowpop.appspot. com/ (remove spaces)

30 Likes

And more than 27,000 people are level 60! That’s kinda crazy.

4 Likes

Is that toons created or something?
Smells fishy…

1 Like

Holy crap that is fantastic news (even if the queues are getting long again as a result, and oh boy is the removal of layering gonna be a mess). I really hope that the high ups at Blizzard understand what the fans want, and continue to push their advantage here. I will be so excited if they start releasing more old-school inspired content.

28 Likes

Long live Classic!

38 Likes

Someone in my guild called Seely dinged 60 today. Don’t tell Seely how happy I am. I will be there soon.

Blizzard just seems to have no clue when it comes to their games… they are predicting a huge drop off?! wtf?

15 Likes

classic is making a huge ripple through blizzard atm. My guess is they might make WoW 2 off classic and put retail into maintenance mode

29 Likes

Many of the level 60s used a hack before Blizz closed it.

10 Likes

Whatever gets blizzard back into making proper RPGs instead of action oriented games (retail, diablo 3, etc); I’m down for it.

22 Likes

Lol Blizzard didn’t even think Classic would do well let alone this well… too many marketers, not enough game developers

33 Likes

Not all of us though. Some of us (cough cough rogue cough) can’t get invited to cleave groups.

3 Likes

would not want to be apart of retail club.

2 Likes

It’s a mixed bag for me. On one hand, I enjoyed the speed clears of BRD but on the other hand I really couldn’t deal with sitting in SM Arm or ZF for more than maybe two runs.

More power to those people but… Man… What a boring way to play.

8 Likes

One must wonder how accurate those numbers are. I do think that the success of Classic is causing some head scratching across the mmo industry.

8 Likes

one could say way a re tale of a way to play

its not concurrent 4.5 mil created chracters. I got like 30 lel.

6 Likes

I have 3-8 on 3 servers lol

4 Likes

tbh this probably includes people’s alts
its probably closer to 2 million
less if it includes bank alts

5 Likes

4.5M characters past level 5 doesn’t mean 4.5 million people actually playing the game, but it’s still a pretty good thing to see.

11 Likes