4/25/2019 - BFA / Warfront Zone Lag

Fast is relative when on for about 24 hours

went on for

Server: Thunderlord
Zone: Boralus Harbor
Time: logged in around 13:00 and still having the issue.

Server: Area 52
Zone: Zuldazar
Time: 1030pm EST

Only an issue on my Monk. Death Knight in the same location experiences no lag. People around both toons are different, so I assume a different instance of Zuldazar

See if this all sounds familiar

1 Like

Server: Azgalor
Zone: Voldun (Tortaka Refuge area)
Time: 1040 AM CDT

Lagged out hard trying to do Beachhead WQ. Switching to Beachhead vehicle view took several seconds after talking to Nola; no turtles ever spawned*, attacking albatrosses or crabs was lagged by about 3 seconds and if I managed to score a hit the mob took another 3 seconds to die. When exiting out of the vehicle, was stuck in place (no movement allowed) but Flightmaster’s whistle worked (after about a 5 second delay between use and taxi arrival). Inability to move continued at the Tortaka Refuge flight master (where the whistle deposited me) but I could take the taxi out of the zone and upon arrival in Nazmir everything was back to normal.

In conclusion: Voldun is screwed.

• No turtles spawned. I assume it was because of bizarre lag, but maybe we killed them all doing the Cycle of Life WQ.:thinking:

Having this issue today.

Server: Turalyon
Zone: Stormsong Valley (the entire place)
Time: 12:10PM CDT

Stormsong Valley on Turalyon is horrible. Haven’t been anywhere else yet.

Server: Turalyon
Zone: Stormsong Valley (the entire place)
Time: 4:41 PM EST

Myself and a guild member having unplayable lag to the point I had to leave the zone. Only happening right now in Stormsong Valley all other zones no lag. Home and World MS shows fine however input is extremely delayed.

Hey all,

We’re actually seeing this problem in all BFA zones and warfronts on some servers at the moment, so I’m updating the title of this thread. Please keep the reports coming so we can review the server stats, but it’s still on our radar.

Turalyon’s Stormsong Valley is still kind of a nightmare. Took 16 seconds to hearthstone between the delay in the initial cast and the delay in the cast completion taking real effect.

Really bad lag in Valley of the four winds (pandaria) its not just BFA zones
Server Eonar (warmode)
Character: Ursan
Time 11:37 EDT

Ping is steady at about 70 but everything has a massive delay
Edit: No lag whatsoever in jade forest or kun lai summit, VotFW still has massive delay on all actions. Ping still steady at 70ish

Server: Whisperwind
Zone: Tiragard Sound, Boralus
Time: Has been going on since I logged on around 9:30 am. Sometimes it is bearable other times it is realy bad. Mostly ability and loot lag. My connection is around a 24ms ping. Have disabled addons and it didn’t change anything.

Server: Lightbringer
Zone: Tiragarde Sound
Time: 2:16pm EST (and for the last couple hours that I know of)

Latency has been solid 70ms home and world but getting lots of sporadic lag with looting and ability using.

1 Like

Server: Hydraxis
Time: 4:46pm EST

Latency (home and world) have barely gone over 100ms. Currently at 89 ms home, 92 ms world.

I am receiving constant lag delay hitting abilities, looting corpses, accepting quests etc. I asked General chat if anyone else is lagging and I instantly got 5 replies all saying that they are lagging as well…

I haven’t played in a month and apparently this has been going on for days… Please get this fixed.

Server: Elune
Time: 4:00 CST

Latency is normal at 70-ish ms for both home and world, fps is 100 out in the world, 60-70 in Boralus. Experiencing lag while looting, casting spells, etc.

Hydraxis US
Tirigarde Sound
18:48 Mountain time

Long delay when clicking an ability, takes a few seconds to loot/ sometimes I miss loot. The input delay is so bad I can’t hit a moving enemy, unplayable at this point. My latency has been steady 52ms for the last month reguardless of lag or not

Server: Proudmoore
Zone: Literally everywhere
Time: All the time

Hey all,

We did some digging into the issue and it looks like some of the shards got busy when we were first getting reports of this issue. This is a resurgence of these two issues, it seems.

North American Ability/Loot Lag Issue
Oceanic Ability/Loot Lag Issue

These are still being worked on with periodic improvements, but we have nothing further to share on the matter at this time. For now it’s best to keep things centralized on whichever thread is best for your region.