3v3 Participation seems LOW

Just genuinely disappointed in you, thought you were turning a corner there for a minute.

Everyone got their rating high of 3k-3.5k in season 1 df solos. They’ll never hit that number again in ss or real arenas so 90% of them have quit or are pveing now.

Yeah, and the same thing will probably happen with blitz as people get their hwl/gm now.

Nah, it was a warlock. He was super mad because someone pointed out that he could gateway from above GY down on WSG so a priest could take the gateway up and LG the FC and he was FLAMING them calling them REDACTED and then I pointed out that you could, in fact, do that and he got REAL upset.

1 Like

A totally reasonable situation to send a bunch of strangers your W2 and pictures of your backside…

1 Like

BG players are the worst, man. There was another guy who found out there was a girl in the group and asked, “honey, what’s your job?” She didnt respond, so he followed up with, “I hunt women for sport. That’s my job”. Truly insane behavior.

1 Like

It’s because everyone thinks we need 6 effing rounds to be “fair”…

Make that s*** 1 round and be done. Watch the participation skyrocket…

1 Like

What we need is-

• All brackets have same MMR caps at start of season (say 2500 and a 25 mmr increase each week)
  • Every bracket gives different recolored/individual rewards

When I think of having options and people wanting to play. I think of giving new unique season titles to every bracket like X Gladiator and X Hero for RBGs. 2s and blitz need their own seasonal titles as well.

BGs need their own set colors and arenas/shuffles needs their own set (2 elite set colors)

Mounts need to be given in every bracket for 50 wins over 2400. Each a recolor or unique.

Penants, tabards, tmogs for weapons, etc.

But here we are, same rewards spread over brackets with different inflation which leads everyone to pump up one insanely more than others by a huge margin (looking at you BgB) just to get their quick rewards and then play alts or quit.

There is no uniformity, Those who got glad in SLands are now being called bad and struggling to hit 2k now. Shuffle was 3k+ in DL but now people are struggling to hit 1900.

1 Like

They got that Gladiator Mount all tied up, any player that earns one without paying is cutting into their profits.

IMO the best way they could spend their time in regards to regular arena participation is by modernizing lfg.

Leave the current structure in place for those who use it, but add the option for a dynamic queue. In an incomplete group or solo, press the 2v2 or 3v3 button and get a menu with check boxes of specs you’re willing to play with. Check however many you want and press the button. Game then match makes you with the people in queue that match your criteria closest to your rating. Allow people to be in this queue at the same time as bgb and shuffle queue. I think you’ll get more players by default just because you can’t be in bgb/shuffle queue and also be listed or apply for a 2s/3s group at the same time right now.

You may be at a disadvantage by playing with randoms in the regular ladder but that’s the price you’re paying for the convenience of that flex solo queue. You don’t have to use it and you still would have the option to queue with friends or by vetting partners in the OG lfg tool.

OR

Say you’re a disc and a hunter duo. You want to play jungle 3s but it’s taking you forever to find a feral. Queue together for blitz and 3s with just feral selected and play matches as the q pops instead of having to waste time in lfg not in blitz queue, or doing blitzes while making no progress finding your feral.

I think we’d also get a surprising amount of players on alts in greens spamming 2s/3s flex queues just to gear grind.