3v3 Participation seems LOW

I have played every week since BFA season one. And TWW season one seems like 3v3 participation is the lowest I’ve seen it since then. DF participation started a decline and now its at a all time low it seems. WHY?

MMR issues? Tuning? Just not a fun expansion? Im not sure really but its so sad to see… I miss Shadowlands man. SLs season 1-2 and even 3 had the best participation and MMR. I got gladiator week 3 in season one of SL LOL that is insane looking back man. It was better in PVP back then :frowning: I guess I’m just venting and trying to understand why 3v3 participation is badddd. I see one 600 rated LFR queue and one 1800 LFR queue at 11:40 PM PST. This is REALLY REALLY BAD lol

OH and I also think it is because of the great vault change and no rewards from 3v3 specifically :frowning: 100% no pvp great vault made it worse for 3v3 participation. (Oh and RSS, but that’s another discussion… please remove RSS) :smiley:

2 Likes

Because there are several rating brackets, which tends to spread them thin. Imo this isn’t a bad thing because more = good right? BGB is fun, shuffle is fun, 3’s is fun (for some people apparently). I think the best way to fix people being spread out is by monitoring the MMR a bit closer on Blizzards part and to begin introducing some gains into the less popular brackets.

2 Likes

I completely forgot about blitz… sigh… I mean i get what you mean about more is better… but when was the pvp community better off? When 2s, 3s, and limited timed events were the only option or now where its spread thin between two newer rated options?

Its dealer choice really, whos to say? I think it was better when the only fewer options were all thriving instead of a few thriving while others drown? That makes sense to me at least.

I think spreading thin in general can be bad and its showing its negative impact right now.

Yeah, I see how that’s an issue.

I called it season before the last one…

It just keeps getting worse and worse.

Everyone is just running around slaying dragons now…

1 Like

I like BGB. I think it’s a lot of fun. I also like arena, but have been playing it a lot less. I mean, last time I played shuffle it was Metaphors flaming me for being low IQ and it’s the same few R1s over and over. In BGB there are new faces and it’s extremely active, which also makes it more fun.

Maybe introducing better bracket specific rewards and adding MMR could get people back to the 3s and shuffle?

I was playing 3s at first, kept getting crush by super high exp peeps, last game I did was against party waffles team. So I decided to stop until I get better.

4 Likes

that’s what happens when low iq devs decide to split the game’s player base 7 ways by making garbage like classic, sod, hardcore, solo shuffle and blitz

the last time 3v3 was popping was like sl s1 we won’t ever see that again

4 Likes

I mean idk about others but I personally don’t enjoy the game rn. Nothing crazy.

People prob just burnt out from last few years.

1 Like

Do a Disney.

Thats what I do.

Have you met the people who play 3v3 in this game? Why would anyone intentionally subject themselves to spending time with these people when there are two perfectly fine solo queue options.

Here’s an example of the exact type of 3s person that I’m referring to.

4 Likes

Is he wrong though?

It’s a real issue.

2 Likes

Yeah! Sure, some people are awful and not fun to queue with, but I get WAY more toxic players in shuffle environments then in 3s. The majority of players I find in 3v3 are super nice and willing to have reasonable conversations.

The lfg system is awful and extremely outdated and 1000% needs a rework, obviously, but I feel like the majority of “3s are toxic” complaints are more a boogeyman effect than anything.

2 Likes

The drop in equality from DF s4 to this season is why. The game is not fun for 80% of the specs. Last season we saw a wide variety of specs be powerful and fun, which led to average players queueing up

I hate to say it, but I think making pve gear op in pvp would help a lot. Ya it’s kind of silly when you go against some pve nerd who is just absolutely smashing people in pvp (I say this as a guy who wore double 4 set and had full bis pve gear on TBC classic and private servers), but it also gives raiders a chance to kind of faceroll in pvp without having to worry so much about gearing for it.

And ya, I know it takes less than a day to get near fully pvp geared now, I still think making pve gear op in pvp would help with participation

Cuz solo shuffle. The gatekeepers cant control 3v3 now.

3v3 is another booster bracket, thats where the RMT folks sell glad mounts for 1k a pop. Its DEAD>

Quite the opposite actually; making pvp gear OP in pve would help.

3 Likes

Ya that too, making weapons on par with mythic raid gear and gating them behind 1800 would also help a lot

1 Like

Shuffle and blitz have taken over