3950x is out... And the tech YouTubers are amazed at performance

My AMD has already burned out 3 liquid cooling fans.

Linus is sponsored by Ryzen so it’s not surprising his thinks the newest Ryzen is going to reinvent the wheel, what Linus didn’t mention once was WoW is not a multi-core workload so none of that fancy stuff matters except maybe that it is optimized for liquid cooling fans which would be a big plus for WoW players as we are always overworking and overheating one of our cores when we play the game on ultra settings.

Want to talk about other games and how CPUs work with them, go to their respective forums and shill Ryzen’s there you cheap viral marketer.

Need to explain what you mean by burning three liquid cooling fan. Ryzen 3000 runs a bit warmer yes but it doesn’t get any hotter than your average consumer cpu.

When you mean fans are you referring to the fans on the radiator or are you talking about the pump.

1 Like

It’s not, there’s just a couple AMD fanboys on this forum who aggressively deny any and all problems with the platform. Don’t take them too seriously.

1 Like

fair enough i guess

Did you see the new threadripper 3960x and 3970x? They even beat the i9 9900k in a few games. Zen 3 is going to be insane.

I know :rofl:

Intel releases the 18 core Cascade lake cpu and became obsolete in 6 hours

Threadripper killed Intel’s HEDT line up

And that’s not the end of it!

2,044 votes and 342 comments so far on Reddit

There’s literally no reason to buy Intel for workstation

Yet we still have people screaming “muh overclock!!!1!1!” Or “muh mature platform!!1!”

If threadripper is doing this kind of damage towards Intel, Zen 3 may be the final nail in Intels coffin

Especially this rumor

1 Like

This is no longer true.

World of Warcraft Classic you might be able to argue your case. WoW retail definitely uses more than a single core. Multi-core in WoW depends on activity, scheduler etc. Also not all CPU cores are equally loaded but to say the game uses single core is simply not true.

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/278587-new-world-of-warcraft-optimizations-send-directx-12-performance-soaring

It’s not that simple. A person who only does raids vs a person who only does quests need two different setups for optimal results.

There is no such thing as a liquid cooling fan.

In a whole benchmark someone didn’t fawn on a game you like? You do realize the 9900K is faster than Threadripper for most games right and reviewers specifically state as such?

Intel fans in this forum throw around bad ideas (like putting a 9400F cooler on a 9900K). We should take them seriously right?

Entry level Threadripper walked all over Intel’s highest HEDT processors. Even after the 50% price cut, the i9 10980xe is still not a great purchase. The dual channel r9 3950x gets too close in performance

Interesting, looks like the 3K Threadripper and Intel’s Cascade Lake are overtaking a 9900K in gaming when all chips are OCed. Course we’re talking about a few % for like 2-3X the price but maybe the binning is getting better.

No we shouldn’t take anyone seriously who proposes bad ideas regardless of whether that’s on the intel or AMD side.

3 Likes

I stopped reading your post when you tried to claim only classic wow runs on a single core.

I have run Battle for Azeroth, after the directx update that introduced multi-thread “support” on max settings with my GeForce 1080 GPU and my 8 core AMD CPU.

I also have software that lets me view all the available temperature sensors in my computer, including the individual cores on my CPU, because I have had multiple CPU fans break.

What do you think I saw on my CPU core temperatures when I played BfA?

A single core’s temperature went waaaay up, and 2 others went up a little bit.

Only a single CPU core is carry the workload on itself.

The directx update allows one or two other cores to SUPPORT that one core that has to do almost all the work by itself. Because that’s just how the game is programmed they didn’t have 8 or 16 core CPUs when they programmed the game over 15 years ago back in the early alpha days. Probably more like 18 years ago.

It’s not a modern game, this is WoW. It doesn’t run the game on all 8 of my cores it runs the game on 1 core and gets a little support from a couple of others but all the heat stress, all the workload, is basically on a single core.

and then you go and claim there is no such thing as liquid cooling fans… lol just stop man go away you nasty troll.

You will never see a CPU in todays market with a single core that can compete with a top end CPU with 16 cores, if that were the case they would be a massive commercial success. Less cores, less materials, less costs, better performance for many programs like WoW. We would all know about these miracle CPUs if they existed. But they dont.

Edited for Language by the Moderation Team.
https://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct

1 Like

Lol someone tattled. Wonder who

If your 65 watt 8 core is running hot, there’s something wrong with your cooler or the installation. Anyways, people are going to buy whatever they want anyways.

Just make sure to get an i5 9600k if you’re getting an i5, so you’re only partially bottlenecked in newer games.

1 Like

Did you miss the entire thread or something? That’s exactly what’s happening today with commercial success.

Are you talking about AOIs? There’s no such thing as liquid cooling fans.

Pcgameshardware showed WoW 7 (Legion) is not ‘basically on a single core’ (proof below). BFA added more threading performance improvements, not less. You can argue on how much each thread adds to performance, depending on the scene. I’ve already addressed that in my post to you. Doesn’t look like you understood any of it.

https://www.pcgameshardware.de/screenshots/original/2016/08/WoW-Legion-7.0.3-CPU-performance-Core-Scaling-i7-5820K-pcgh.png