395/400 Item Level Emissaries: Yes please

Bad news then, as we will have been in BFD’A at least 5-6 months before we see Azshara. And like so many other posters here, you continue to miss the obvious point and assume your opinions are shared by the masses.

At no time in this game’s history has catch-up gear ever been the same IL as the current raid on heroic. It’s too much too soon. When 8.2 hits, sure, raise it. But BFD’A is still most definitely relevant. You being done with it is wonderful for you, but has zero relevance to anyone else or to the point of this thread.

2 Likes

I am sure, somewhere, there is someone that thinks Lich King is a relevant boss. Transmog/ mounts/ achieves, etc. That is an opinion that player is entitled to.

And no, Heroic BoD no longer being relevant is not my opinion. It is Blizzard’s. They have deemed that the Nighthold/ Valor second tier was successful and copied it, but sped up the timetable.

That it is no longer relevant from a content standpoint does not mean it is not relevant to some player’s progression. But the game is designed for more people than the small group of players still attempting to progress through heroic BoD. Again, I apologize if that offends you, but that is the reality.

Sorry my bad, I did not realize you knew the mind of Blizzard. Please change your font to blue so you can officially announce Blizzard’s decision that BFD’A is “no longer relevant.”

1 Like

?

A new 2 boss raid has been released. It opens mythic tomorrow. Patch 8.2 is on the Ptr and we know much of what is coming. How are you not understanding that they are moving past BoD at this point?

Not sure what’s the problem, you need to be within the ilvl range to get it. Basically this just give reason for players to do WQ other than for the AP and Cache.

Blizzard also decided to let players languish in a tier for 8 months to a year. You’re welcome to have your opinion, but saying that something is fact or otherwise right because Blizzard said or did something doesn’t really hold water.

1 Like

Even now it is not insta pick for pugs, I took a 414 iLVL 1100 IO mage the other day and he done less DPS than the tank, this is just going to make it even harder to find the right person who knows how to play.

Yes they did. And every time they did, they got special threads like this one, except the opposite. They listened, and now tiers come out faster. Blizz won right? They listened!

Wrong, now they get to hear about how the tier’s are too fast and the shiney doesn’t last long enough…

The game may be designed to be sped up, have a mini raid thrown in and increase the iLVL so more players experience the current tier full raid, but it is a kick to the balls of those who are not only still progressing, but mainly for those who have just progressed.

The moment you get your gear you only have a very short time frame to enjoy what you just done before you have to do it all over again, there is no sense of real achievement which is why a lot of players go for the achievements rather than the gear, because that stays with you forever and shows you done it before it was made irrelevant and not just “Look at my iLVL”.

1 Like

Devalue - Reduce the worth or importance of. Is heroic gear less relevant or important when easier content offers equal reward? Yes.
Not to mention the fact that there are many people still progressing through Heroic, so we aren’t even talking about past progress for some people but current also.

Increasing world content does nothing to speeding up a raid tier so I don’t even know why you feel that is relevant. On top of that the increase to WQ rewards does absolutely nothing to expediate a players ability to gear out a new character or an alt.
They have made absolutely zero amendments to the WQ reward scaling, they simply increased the cap. If you are 340 ilvl now your rewards will still be ~345, not 370.

All they did was once again remove the value of LFR and normal raids because the gear drops are worse than world content.

You had best remind Blizzard that past content is not relevant then if that is their opinion. Last I checked you still had to level a character from 1-120 and gear up from ~280 ilvl. None of that changed. If it was irrelevant don’t you think they would grant instant 120 characters with 390 ilvl so you could “just jump back in”?

Blizzard has always kept relevance to players and relevance to characters different.

The fact that you think the larger portion of the player base has passed Heroic and Mythic shows just how out of touch you are with the average player.

1 Like

I don’t get why people mad as well, this would not be upgrade for any of my character. And mythic dungeons is by far easiest way to get gear…

Yes. The gear will eventually be replaced. Whether its 2 years from now, like Vanilla to BC, 10 months from now, like BT to Sunwell, or 5 minutes when those fancy new boots you just enchanted get replaced by a better pair of boots 3 bosses later, it will all get replaced.

Maybe its because everyone pugs or because of LFR, etc, but in the good old days the sense of achievement came from when we all stood infront of the dead boss, took a picture and posted it our website. If you are legit worried about a piece of gear that someone else gets, this game will die for you very quickly. It has always been that way.

It’s got nothing to do with speeding up tiers, it’s got everything to do with trivial content offering equal rewards to normal raids and devaluing the heroic content of a seasons major raid half way through the patch cycle.

3 Likes

Well yeah, just because they made an adjustment doesn’t mean they fixed the issue. Many players, myself included, wanted catchup mechanics for alts. Much of that feedback dealt with not having to regrind rep for the third or fourth time just to get alts geared enough to step into normal. So no, it doesn’t feel, to me at least, like they listened because they addressed one issue by creating another.

2 Likes

At this point I feel Tiger from Major Payne, and Blizz is the Major. We tell blizz something’s wrong and they break our pinky.

1 Like

And as you can see here, many players want no catch-up mechanics. They want people to “earn” gear the same way they did. But they can’t be objective.

I mean, at this point, even if they raid as casually as possible, they should have been able to buy three 415 azerite pieces from the vendor. If they have been killing a reasonable number of bosses for the last 10 weeks, they should be roughly 405-410 ilvl. Possibly higher/ lower depending on RNG.

But that “plebs” (or whatever heroic raiders call lesser players) get 400 azerite and the chance to upgrade from 385 finally is unaccetable…

1 Like

Here’s what I don’t get.

They want to increase the ilvl of emissary rewards from 385 to 400.

Okay. Fine.

Why not increase the drops in BoD by 15 while you’re at it? Across all difficulty levels. So Heroic drops 415, and Mythic 430.

They’ve done this before. They increased the ilvl in Blackrock Foundry, for example.

3 Likes

I don’t think many, if any, are say “no catch-up”. They’re saying that there is andifference between natural gear progression and invalidating current content.

1 Like

Why not scale them to 415?

BoD isnt new and mythic has been cleared for months.

I have no idea what you consider to be the average player. I doubt there is any consensus. But at this point, I’m fairly confident that a player that has played this tier consistently exceeds 400 ilvl. Even with only sparingly doing M+ players should have 2-3 415 azerite pieces and a small collection of WF/TF.

If you really are slugging through heroic for gear, then you aren’t really raiding. There have been easier ways to gear for quite a while.