395/400 Item Level Emissaries: Yes please

That is, if you can get inside the instance.

I’d rather have average of two than none.

2 Likes

I wonder if the PvP chest will get an upgrade beyond 385 to help balance things out?

13 Likes

I’m thinking they might do that, too.

That way PVP feels more rewarding.

1 Like

Good news!

When does this go live?
Apr 23?

tks

1 Like

It also requires doing more than playing babys first matching game or tagging an elite at 50%.

And it rewards higher than normal gear.

18 Likes

Well they probably think that if people have higher gear they will skip LFR and NORMAL and tackle Heroic and Mythic. This would justify their investment into those tiers. Currently only 437 guilds worldwide are 9/9 Mythic. That is less than 10,000 players. That is a minuscule number of players. Even if there are only a million subscriptions.

Unfortunately, I doubt it will work that way. People who want to do Mythic are already attempting it.

Personally, I’ll use the gear that drops from world quests and emissaries. If Pawn tells me it is an upgrade, I’ll probably equip it unless it has a lower ilevel. Then I’ll just continue doing the content that I am doing. World Quests, Assaults, Warfronts, and old content.

3 Likes

“Welfare” refers to relying on free hand outs. Not getting achievements. Not what they “could” do.

If there was a player that can level fast, has a lot of achievements, doesn’t raid or play dungeons…but relies on trivial solo content you can’t fail to get heroic raid quality gear? That sorta answers itself.

17 Likes

I never thought this day would happen but here’s a +1 from me.

5 Likes

Yeaaah eat that you heroic raiders, your raider pool is now DEAD.

5 Likes

My ultimate goal is to make raiding optional and fun, not Hard Content or Die. So if you aren’t using sarcasm, then you earned a like.

Because I hate the e sports route.

9 Likes

If gear is just going to be used as catch up and invalidated every single season and not something that should be an actual reward then I’d really like to see seasonal cosmetic rewards for raiding/mythic+. Gear is clearly no longer the reward and everything from mythic is obtainable solo in the next expac anyway, feels like raiding and m+ have no reason to be completed at a high level outside of challenge (which is good but for an mmorpg rewards are a huge part of the game).

I don’t mind casuals or people with alt armies being able to gear up fast and I’d even be okay with heroic bod gear getting invalidated by emissary gear if raiding actually had rewards. It doesn’t have anything someone can’t obtain solo in the next expansion. Hopefully we see seasonal cosmetic rewards similar to pvp at some point, I know they’ve talked about it and want to do it.

18 Likes

Yes.

Basically, separate the current difficulty from the gearing route.

1 Like

Honestly hope normal-heroic raiding should just die already, World quest is the future.

1 Like

Glad you joined my side.

What do you even need the gear for if you don’t raid or even do mythic plus anyway?

4 Likes

I really, really dislike how they’ve completely invalidated Normal mode, and effectively have done the same to Heroic mode.

There have been 2 tiers of content so far. This is the second gear catch-up of the expansion. Just… why?

69 Likes

Why not incursions? The 370 Chests are so useless

7 Likes

Delete this or you lose your green.

3 Likes

It certainly doesn’t feel like CoA was released to compliment BoD.

It seems like it was meant to straight up supersede it. Which is a problem considering its small size.

1 Like

Why? I have data.

Basically, 437 guilds have made Jaina run away. That’s a small fraction of players. (WoWHead)

Ghostcrawler, a former lead developer, said something like if the content is too hard, then people would rather unsub/quit/play casually than rise to the challenge.

When content is capable of 100-0’ing you, then it’s not fun. The rewards don’t match the fun, so why bother doing that.

I propose a difficulty separation, but keeping item level gains the same.

Queue Beginner/LFR: 370/375 (As it is now)

Queue Normal: 385/390 (Normal, but easier to get into and far easier mechanics/no Determination)

Queue Heroic: 400/405 (Heroic, but easier to get into and easier mechanics/no Determination)

Queue Mythic: 415/420 (Mythic, but easier to get into. No Determination, difficulty is on par with Elitism Normal/Heroic).

Elitism Beginner: 385 (LFR, but as a manual difficulty. About as easy as Queue Normal/Heroic.)

Elitism Normal: 400 (Normal. Current difficulty.)

Elitism Heroic: 415 (Heroic. Current difficulty.)

Elitism Mythic: TF Cap (Mythic. Current difficulty.)

Elitism gets the cool toys/mounts/transmog/titles/etc. that raiding outside of LFR normally gets, in addition to WF/TF/Tert/Socket chances being higher. Queue allows you to gear up in anticipation for Elitism.