Oceanic servers and cross-realm BGs

Simple question, I haven’t found any concrete news about which servers are crossrealmed with who for BGs, and I was wondering if Oceanic servers will be grouped together only or if we will be under the blanket of ‘Americas’ for crossrealm purposes. Going from 20-30 ping to 200 (US west) to 300+ (US east) will be jarring to say the least especially since we have been PvPing in the open world at low ping for a while now. Arugal is a very large server and Yojamba is not far behind, but the other 2 servers are not doing that hot and I wonder if we have the population to support our own queues.

1 Like

How is it done in retail? I’m guessing it’ll be the same for Classic since the stickied post did say we’d be separated by “regions”.

On retail I am pretty sure that US/Oceanic share the pool correct me if I am wrong.

On retail, last i checked I believe it tries to prioritise grouping oceanic realms, but if no ones online it throws us in with the yanks at 250ms.

I really hope that is the case that OCE gets prioitised grouping and only puts us with Americas as a last resort, I certainly think Arugal + Yojamba alone would be enough to keep the queues rolling

That’s correct. Arugal, Felstriker, Remulos, and Yojamba are all waging war together among themselves only.

5 Likes

Should be interesting to see if there’s a difference in queue times…

This is awesome, no more gimped ping!

2 Likes

China No 1

1 Like

What about the Latin American and Brazilian servers? (Loatheb and Sulthraze)

15 minute WSG queue for my Shaman, and my Alliance friend said his queue is instant.

What are others getting?

Yep, it’s instant for the alliance, because there are too many horde :smiley:

2 Likes

What are the AV q times like for H and A?

I asked this a few times in other posts… glad we finally got an answer…

Don’t know why it was so f’ing hard to get a response until now.

My guild is reporting 1 minute queues horde side.

Is that for AV or WSG?

From what i hear AV are near instant for everyone because everyones grinding the rep by zerging the boss - they’re not even PvPing.

WSG queues are much longer though. Was 15 minutes, we’ll see if they decrease for horde tonight.

I’m seeing 5 minute queue times for WSG. < 1 min for AV

1 Like

1 hour queue for AV now
WSG depends if a premade is queued already or not.

1 Like

Can we get a confirmation that this is still the case moving into TBC and that OCE are a group on its own with its own ladder?

5 Likes

bump

Can we get a confirmation that this is still the case moving into TBC and that OCE are a group on its own with its own ladder?