35k Deathbolt, broken or no?

Buddy of mine and I were doing 2s at the 1700 bracket, last game was against a Affliction Lock and a Resto Druid.
The Affliction Lock murdered us in exactly 29 seconds with a 35k Deathbolt. Now, I’m not saying that’s broken by itself since there’s setup with it, but like, 35k? That’s pretty extreme even with setup.

I honestly am curious though what y’all think since there’s always someone crying about broken classes, and while Ret is pretty insane, I dunno, I don’t see Rets smacking 35k Final Verdicts unless they have a Warrior with them.

35k is baby damage.

16 Likes

Dispel or wall when you see Soul Rot + Darkglare + Dark Soul

2 Likes

Yeah, I just wasn’t expecting it, first game against an Affliction in awhile.

I would say it’s more of a gimmicky and less broken. Regardless, last I checked it’s getting adjusted next patch to do more of its damage over time.

It’s definitely not broken like Ret + Warrior is since that’s some massive burst right there but I was just like damn, this dude just straight murdered me.

If it’s getting adjusted next patch, that’ll be intriguing to see.

That’s a baby bolt

3 Likes

I think it’s very dumb and warlocks don’t need it at all and warlock mains are BAD!!!

3 Likes

It’s getting nerfed to do its damage over 3secs in 9.2. it will still be deadly but not crazy

there are warlocks whose whole identity is tied to deathbolt, and others whose whole identity is tied to decimating bolt. taking this away from them will make them actually have to play the class, we cant do that

5 Likes

Blockquote

Buddy of mine and I were doing 2s at the 1700 bracket, last game was against a Affliction Lock and a Resto Druid.
The Affliction Lock murdered us in exactly 29 seconds with a 35k Deathbolt. Now, I’m not saying that’s broken by itself since there’s setup with it, but like, 35k? That’s pretty extreme even with setup.

I honestly am curious though what y’all think since there’s always someone crying about broken classes, and while Ret is pretty insane, I dunno, I don’t see Rets smacking 35k Final Verdicts unless they have a Warrior with them.

Blockquote

Ive seen ret hit 50k+ Final verdicts lol

h ttps://clips.twitch.tv/SpeedySpeedyJaguarGOWSkull-zX8yrmhRnSkbRL1x

is it broken?

I think it’s pretty dumb and doesn’t fit affliction playstyle, although we could use haunt for more pointed pressure

that being said

there are half a dozen one shots in the game rn and they all far out-stupid deathbolt, at least deathbolt can be played around

3 Likes

Why does the design of affliction just get worse and worse every expansion. You’d think it would improve over time

because these devs don’t like to balance strong multi target dots. Prior to bfa afflic was all about strong rot damage on multi targets then legion happened and afflic became pretty op and now they never again want to let afflic get like that.

2 Likes

You can rot now but just don’t run deathbolt

idk this version is miles better than that UA-stacking atrocity of legion and bfa

6 Likes

I’ll be honest. I’m new to Shadowlands pvp. I have been killed from 80% health behind a pillar after dispelling afflock dots on my partner. I don’t know if it’s a pvp talent or what. I know you used to get silenced when dispelling ua and feared when dispelling Vt. But I am getting deleted if I dispell afflock dots. I’d rather face 259 geared rogue/mage every game than afflock x anything in 2’s. I feel bad telling my wheelchair class partner I can’t dispell his fear or I risk dying a mile away from the action.

Games against warlocks now revolve completely around their covenant abilities. Once you get used to it, it’s not really worse than Ret paladins or Warriors or convoke Ferals, etc etc. They finally got their ticket to ride the shadowlands oneshot train.

1 Like

Rot and Decay made that super funny in 2v2