350g Black Lotus is insanity

Level herbalism

Do not make the mistake of believing min/maxers enjoy playing games - they do not. They only enjoy being the best at things they do not like.

2 Likes

When you consider the flask farm, the other consumes it’s a few hours- but add WCB, ZG, DMF, Songflower, DMT and UBRS, with all the summons and coordination it takes hours and multiple players to get all the buffs, and then of course you consider almost every hardcore parser is on a pvp server and the possibility of losing all your buffs while either going from place to place, to an errant purge, or even just while approaching BRM may mean you have to do it all over again.

Then you wipe on Vael, and it takes about 10 min longer to finish the raid so you know all those hours spent prepping amount to a tiny, almost unnoticeable boost to clear speed.

The problem is, it seems you have two choices- a competent guild that could clear the raids in under an hour even without buffs, but requires everyone to go all in- or a guild that doesn’t need wbuffs or flasks but also takes hours to clear or fail to clear content and likely will never down C’thun or half of Naxx.

That middle ground, casual but skilled guild just doesn’t seem to be a thing.

Stop blaming bots, there are no Black Lotus bots, you are losing to human competition.

People park alts ontop of lotus spawns and use eagle out to scout the map.
Someone logging on in front of you and picking a herb is absolutely no proof of botting and is your own pure speculation based on paranoid and anger.

I think people blame bots because they are trying to exaggerate the problem in an attempt to force blizzards hand, reality is the Black Lotus market is dominated by multi boxers who utilize multiple accounts to have a competitive edge over the noobs who run around on 60% mounts praying to the wind that they come across a random lotus spawn.

2 Likes

thats cause your tanks a boomer with a shield.

Or just dont flask… lmao. Its bwl. Stop tryharding

2 Likes

If this is a problem now when there isn’t really a need to, what happens later when there’s more reasons to?

Then the player base is to blame still. Its a simple supply and demand issue. Rather than just complaining that there is a limited number of loti for too many people, maybe just you know… live with it? Stop flasking for every single BWL raid just so you can clear 10 min earlier or smth.

Stop asking for blizzard to intervene with another idiotic idea by increasing lotus spawns just because you are unable to live with the fact that you did not parse pink last raid. It is what it is. And stop buying lotus for 350g, so just like every other item the price goes down.

2 Likes

You are already behind, I barely do any of those things you listed as “grinds” and I’m doing just fine in my guild.

get logic outta here,

The Black Lotus issue isn’t the worst IMHO. You can raid just fine without flasks.

The big issue is zones like the Plaguelands or Winterspring filled to the brim with farmers. As soon as a vein or herb pops up, it’s gone.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

When did I say I played vanilla? Though BC was largely like vanilla. To act like they are so different is lying and anyone there knows it.

Waiting for you to point to some silly small thing and say it makes it so different! lol

"I remember the “classic experience” on this character leveling to 60 before the BC experience nerf. "

the bc experience nerf literally happened upon BC’s release, not in “july of 2007” keep lying about a video game though lmao.

That’s wrong it didnt happen till later in BC.

And I said I remember the classic experience because BC and Classic aren’t that much different, especially when it comes to black lotus and gold farming.

Edit: See patch dated November 13 2007, that’s when they nerfed experience.

With everyone and their brother buying gold it should not be a surprise that prices are so high.

If you cannot obtain 2 black lotus in the span of launch to AQ40 you do not deserve Titanic Leggings.

Why didn’t you get enough Lotus for your Edge of Madness trinket before ZG?

Is it really abnormal that people don’t consider clearing MC “fun” anymore when you’ve been doing it since September? Nothing in that comment says we don’t like playing the game, we do. But farm content is farm content. And besides, raiding isn’t the entirety of classic. It’s a big part of it, but not all of it. We get enjoyment out of trying to do the best we can and measuring our guild against others. Nothing wrong with that, just like there’s nothing wrong with casual guilds who don’t require consumes or world buffs. You can play the game how you want to play the game. That’s sort of the beauty of it.

The point still stands though that black lotus prices are absurd and everyone who’s being objective knows it. The spawns were based around the population caps of 2004, not what we have now in Classic. There’s more people min-maxing than in vanilla, combined with the fact server caps are dramatically higher than they ever were in vanilla, and yeah…the demand sky rockets while the supply remains the same. The prices will come back down eventually, but for the people who are in guilds requiring their tanks and casters to flask(more so tanks), that’s a rough deal. And yeah, flasks are still a pretty big deal for tanks even in casual guilds because there’s multiple bosses in BWL who can one-shot a geared tank without world buffs and flask, the drakes can thrash and broodlord can destroy a tank in short order.

Black Lotus were around 200g a pop on Nost.

Maybe Blizzard are going to do something about it - but are waiting to see how it plays out when Lotus actually mean anything to the content.

If you aren’t having fun raiding with your current guild, because that raid environment requires Lotus, I would suggest finding a new guild that is more focused on actually having what you consider fun, or bringing your issues up with your guild.

If your entire idea of fun in the game revolves around Black Lotus, you’re gonna have a really bad time come Naxx. If it doesn’t, then maybe a bit of patience and focusing more on the other aspects of the game that you have fun doing.

1 Like

Been suggested a few times, for weeks.