Stop Punishing Players Who Have Dual Roles

It’s a self-help tool.

WOW… on this toon sure… wait… been saving for MM in case it ever gets looked at… also SV… and my Monk… 3 sets… more gear then I care for and NOT paying for any changes… if you let us switch the traits for free sure… but having to spend so much gold…
Yeah. 1 set… per spec… each spec uses something different!
Sad

In hindsight, they should have taken some of the azerite ideas and developed a new talent tier for all classes; they at least have enough for that. Head, shoulder and chest should have been normal gear and the Heart of Azeroth should have been a 5 wheel azerite talent system - with no reforging cost - and some save spec preset system built in.

Blizz screwed up with the azerite system we have now.

3 Likes

No gm has to get involved when restoring gear. You’re able to do that from this website.

1 Like

Pretty sure they’re also referring to the idea of gear having Str/Int/Agi. Carrying 10+ Azerite is typically 3-4 sets of gear. 10 pieces in ye olde days is barely half a set.

I can see what you are saying that you feel there is more pressure to keep the gear but I don’t feel it’s too different from the past. If I was aiming to min-max in all situations then I’d expect to be hanging on to more gear but as I mentioned earlier if there is only a small to tiny percentage difference then I stick with one and clear up the space. Do you keep gear even if it’s a .1% difference? Where is the breaking point for your play style? With the current 30 slot bags that are available, how much empty space do you tend to have?

And something that isn’t directed at you Xoja but some others seem to just be asking for why we are okay with needing multiple pieces per slot at all and creating ‘clutter’. This is my personal stance, but I’d say it feels like just a part of an MMO in that some items are better than others. If we were to simplify it we could just remove stats and have items that are ‘average’, ‘good’, or ‘best’. If the item is ‘best’ it’s the best, period. Then that item can degrade to ‘good’ when a new ‘best’ is available from new content. This would cover the bag clutter and simplify things but I don’t think it’d feel fun.

4 Likes

Granted. You’re still using out-of-game channels to compensate for what’s already been demonstrated more than once to be extreme volatility in balance of permanent items.

It’s ok to have some items to be better than others, but it’s not ok to bind item to specific spec, especially when those slots were usable for all specs for many years before BFA. This is the problem Blizzard refuses to accept and fix.

1 Like

Clearly you never played pre-WoD where every armor piece was, for all intents and purposes, bound to a spec.

1 Like

While the Blues are here, any chance you can go say hi to Enhancement Shamans? Morale is pretty low.

And why do you think they made gear more spec agnostic in WoD+? Because it sucks to be unable to play off spec. Why make huge step back from this?

1 Like

How would you treat a piece of gear that has like heavy crit and is far and away the best for one spec and definitely the worst for another?

It still gives you some benefit, even if it’s smaller, unlike many azerite traits that only work for one spec, and give nothing to other. If traits were switching with spec, that would be non issue…

2 Likes

Juggling three secondary stats is way different than juggling dozens of azerite traits.

7 Likes

Azerite gear still gives some benefit, even if it’s smaller.

How is it different?

Azerite gear still comes some benefit even if 1 trait isn’t active.

So at a base level you feel the system is just too complicated and it would better to simplify it?

1 Like

Anyone would, because the reforge cost really is outrageous.

My question is more: Why do you have a reforge system you don’t want people to use?

4 Likes

What benefit do I get from some tank spec trait while specced into dps where ability that is affected by the trait not even present?

Just want to thank blizzard Community Managers for participation in this discussion. This community benefits from user input and the input from blizzard.

7 Likes