325 games to get full honor gear per character

Hey all,

The honor system in Cata needs a serious reality check. Getting fully geared means racking up 22,750-25,000 honor points, which translates to roughly 325 battlegrounds. At 70 honor per game average and 18 minutes per match (including wait time), that’s a whopping 97.5 hours of gameplay per character!

This grind isn’t just time-consuming; it’s downright unrealistic. It risks burning out players and driving them away from PvP altogether. We need adjustments—better honor gains to make the system more accessible and enjoyable.

5 Likes

what? wrathful gear is like 400 honor a piece now? i geared 3 toons in the past 2 days already

2 Likes

talking about the level 85 gear for when cataclysm drops if honor gains stay the same this will be the norm

1 Like

You get more honor at max level. And you need arena points for the best gear right?

1 Like

yeah the best pvp gear will come from arena points

1 Like

the honor rn isnt going to be like that at 85 we’re in pre-patch stuck at 80 with wrath gear. once cata actually releases the honor will increase.

3 Likes

im hoping thats the case

Can’t even queue arena skirmishes right now.

:woman_shrugging:

You get 800-1000 for daily win and 500 for wins. About 200 for losses for all the 10/15 bgs and 40% more for av/conquest.

what game are you playing there isnt even a win bonus for random bgs right now but there is a 90 honor bonus for winning eye of the storm specific Q, on the beta theres a 270 honor bonus for the first win of the day which doesnt make this issue really any better. we won an AV yesterday in under 5 minutes and it gave 60 honor

1 Like

This is exactly how it went in original prepatch. Right down to people posting these complaints multiple times a day.

The only difference is they never lowered the cost of the level 80 gear :rofl:

2 Likes

The game has shifted, you’re not supposed to spam BG’s and get a full pvp set day 1, you’re supposed to do dailies and weeklies and a few bgs a day.
This is about the time that they started to cater to casuals, so you have a large number of short busy tasks to keep you logging in consistently instead of long grinds. You can still grind if you want, but it’s substantially less efficient.

1 Like

Lol @ people basing pvp on prepatch

:clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

they already set it will upscale to the level

100%. In TBC Classic, I just brute forced the honor grind. In Wrath Classic, I noticed that it made almost no sense to keep spamming AV. Get your daily win, the random win, WG etc. Do the weekly quests. Then you might as well pack it in.

its not based solely off of prepatch its based off of the still active beta aswell, also these pre patches arent what they were back in the day or like retails they start on the final patch of the xpac and are way more easily future proofed

I remember it taking a 2-3 weeks to get some gear back in the day, and I am not talking about casual playing either. Honestly, this has me second guessing whether or not I want to play Cata again. I loved the level experiance but PVP is also life for me.

Thtas your problem specific q doesnt give as much