Party Sync Preview

Armor and Weapons from Uldir.

1 Like

I checked with the team as some of the scaling changes from 7.3.5 also impacted your question. As long as you have Party Sync activated, you are scaled to the appropriate level band, and there shouldn’t be a negative impact on experience.

And in case it helps, when I say ‘experience’ above, this applies to both quest turn in experience (which shouldn’t be impacted anyway) as well as monster-killing-experience.

9 Likes

Now THIS is an awesome feature. Thanks for the sharing Bornakk!

A constructive suggestion you might pitch to the Developers. Back in City of Heroes there was a ‘side-kick’ function which achieved something similar, but in reverse. Aside from the range requirement (Side-kicks regressed to their innate level if they got too far from their mentor which most people thought was pretty bad in dungeons) it was a good feature.

Basically for people who haven’t ever played City of Heroes, Side-Kick was a system where a low-level player grouped with you and then became your hero’s ‘sidekick’. The low level player was automatically scaled to 1 level under you, but lacked the skills that came with that level. Despite that the side-kick could do dungeons / missions with their ‘mentor’, which is akin to what the Party Sync feature does.

I think such a feature would help World of Warcraft as well.

2 Likes

Excellent. Thanks for the clarification!

Bornakk I hope you’re still reading this thread because I have an important concern that I’m sure others share:

It says at the end of the article that 8.2.5 is coming in a few months. Is this correct?

We fixed the typo a few minutes ago. It’s been updated to ‘next few weeks’. Thanks for the callout :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Awesome, thanks.

1 Like

Bornakk, is it a typo that it says this feature will be released with the patch in the next few months? This suggests that 8.2.5 won’t be dropping till after Blizzcon instead of before.

Edit: You answered my question before I even asked it.

1 Like

Disco party sync?

Wait wait wait, is this the FF14 system? Tell me its the FF14 system!

Sounds cool for friends, but unfortunately there are still a lot of people who hate leveling.

<clicks on 120 boost!>

Not quite but sort of. It’s about time they start to modernize this game some. Features that other games have had for years.

The classic people will be so mad about this… yet another way to kill the game.

There are two different scaling systems interacting here - party sync will scale you down to the expansion cap while synced, but mob scaling will mean you both see the same monster with different numbers.

The math looks wierd, but it all works out.

1 Like

I knew something was not quite right. And yes, I had to say that in my nightborne voice.

1 Like

Man, I’m super excited for the quest replay part of it. I usually bring people over in groups, and while we try to stay on the same level and phase with quests, that gets hard to do with IRL stuff happening. Being able to jump to the same phase sounds legit! :+1:

1 Like

One big concern. Replay Quests are mentioned but all it says is “level appropriate” which is kind of vague.

IE say a level 120 grouped up with a level 40. Ok, I kick in Party Sync, I’m brought down to 60. We do a Replay Quest that normally awards Gear(for the level 40 toon). Does it reward Gear to the 120, currency, AP, what? If gear, is there a hard cap on the item level the gear would scale up to?

Some clarification on Replay Quests would be lovely. The rest is pretty clear cut, but “level appropriate rewards” is extremely vague as we don’t know HOW the system works.

It’s quite vague.

I’m still loving the whole idea, but that one bit needs to be better clarified.

This is great and exactly what Blizz needs to do.

Just think of syncing the old raids as they were and ‘hopefully’ the gear drops will be synced also for improvement, Much like a M+ dungeon, the more times you go in and up the level, the better the gear, then have a Super Raid (storyline) that only you can get into once you have completed certain said level on each raid to get to the next one. Much like TBC was, I mean you couldnt go into BT without going into Kara first, or SSC until you got certain gear

1 Like

Thanks again Bornakk, I’m looking forward to this system coming online and revisiting the old world with new friends.

This sounds really cool. Do friends come with it?:neutral_face:

2 Likes