300k for 1 month? token prices

I’m not here to complain, Idc about the price… but is there anyone who is actually paiyng this amount of gold for 1 month? lol… Just wondering… I’m not talking to the Rich people in game, talking to the casuals.

7 Likes

Hell no.

300k gold to me, is worth WAY more than $15 dollars. At least in terms of the time you’d need to spend playing to get it. I’m no Auction House Goblin, I’m sure someone with total control over the game-economy could do that, but those are whales.

Never bought a token, never will. I’ll just use money to buy game time if I need it.

Will never need gold to the extent that I’d buy a token.

Dragonflight basically throws gold at you through the dailies, and you can easily afford any enchants or crafted gear you need through that.

You’d have to play this game as a job in order to make enough gold to sell your own tokens, and I’d rather just work in real life instead, lol.

It’d also lead to some fast burnout if I played WoW like that, not trying to get burnt out again so soon.

17 Likes

300k/per token is unsustainable for solo-casual players, rip casuals :desert:

10 Likes

I love how you assume casuals can’t be rich.

10 Likes

you mean everyone didn’t make 5 million a day for the span of a week during this expansion?

SHOCKED!

1 Like

Casual is a broad term.

Casual as in not doing m+/raid/pvp?

Casual as in solo only play?

Casual is in X arbitrary low amount of hours per week?

3 Likes

So you don’t play with any min max focus. That’s ok. I’d rather buy a token and hang with family enjoying the content I do enjoy instead of farming.

4 Likes

your not here to complain but your here to complain.

7 Likes

Casual isn’t a broad term. It’s only defined by how much time you play.

Someone playing 25 hours a week doing world quests across 20 Alts isn’t a casual.

3 Likes

You don’t need any more gold than the passive income DF gives you from doing dailies.

I’d rather hang with my family and friends with my bare minimum-self than give WoW any more time than it needs.

Doing min/max impresses no one except yourself, there is no point to it.

I don’t play WoW for internet strangers, I play it for me.

12 Likes

Some do ,op, they have the means I wouldn’t at that price.

1 Like

Incorrect. That also implies I do dailies. I’d rather spend 15 minutes of work irl and buy a token than spend time doing dailies.

I raid mythic. I enjoy that content. Min maxing is a part of that content. You clearly have never played on a sports team.

3 Likes

Not sure what you are looking for.

Supply and demand to an extent. Just remember, there will always be more people willing to exchange a fake currency than a real one.

Would you spend 600k gold to buy a mount cosmetic? What about $30? I bet you will find more takers for the former than the latter.

1 Like

min-max because wow is on a timer. If it was just for “the contents” then return several expansions later.

There’s a difference between doing stuff while current, and doing stuff much later.

1 Like

Oh no

You have to cut out two star bucks coffees/Doordash lunches for the week

The horror of first world problems by lazy people

7 Likes

It dont think you can afford 300k gold a month if you have a full time job. If I played the game 8 hours a day, i could make 20k gold a day. It would still take 15 to 16 days to afford a wow token. It just seems unviable, what more feasible is the classic wrath token right now.

1 Like

I suspect a goodly number of the people buying tokens right now aren’t interested in game time, they’re trading in their stockpiled gold for Diablo IV.

4 Likes

Have you considered better gold making methods?

Namely, playing first two weeks of expac.

If no one paid it the price would drop

Yeah, that’s for you. I’m not a whale and won’t spend more on WoW than the bare minimum, money-wise.

That’s cool, I don’t PvE.

You can still min/max without gold, by the way.

But Rated Battlegrounds are similar to a sports team, aren’t they?

Not everyone has to buy WoW tokens, some people can just play the game naturally and get everything they want/need, shocking, I know.

I played WoW before token was ever a thing, and that’s how I intend to play it (without token), until I am not playing it anymore.

Anyways, peace troll.