300 reskinned TBC gear pieces have been datamined

Calling it now. The 10.2.7 event is gonna be farming non stop reskins with time walking raids/dungeons.

Either that or random boss spawns all over Azeroth. Since people don’t like Plunderstorm that much so Blizzard will just have low drop rates from random bosses all over the world. Like the Shadowlands pre patch.

2 Likes

Post Plunderstorm Traumatic Disorder.

5 Likes

Oh they’re gonna wish they had Plunderstorm like grind. If the pandamonin event isn’t about time walking, then I am imagining Blizzard is just doing a random boss spawns all over outland.

Walking…pshhhhh. It’s about Timerunning!

Also, the intentional misspelling of Pandamonium implies it likely has something to do with MoP, not Outland.

I wish they had recreated the pieces.

TBC had clown leveling gear but iconic max level gear that is so low resolution now that it’s ugly.

9 Likes

new game mode: :rage:
running down a hallway we’ve been running down for the past 16 years: :slight_smile:

Seriously though. If they do something actually really innovative with dungeons, that could be a lot of fun.

2 Likes

It’s literally called “Timerunning Pandamonium”… Again:

Pandemonium is about chaos and uproar of something. They most likely just used Pandamonium cause WoW.

They most likely are doing what you did trying to save chromie when you were teleporting through different times. I am gonna bet time running is about quickly running through certain moments in Azeroths history to kill everything as possible before time runs out.

Like horrific visions.

It’s another “experiment”, according to Holly. Remember they datamined that vampire survivor minigame a while back? Probably be just like that. Outside of the game, not your character, etc.

I’d rather they use AI to upscale the models with more polygons (if AI can do that?) and better resolution textures.

And the reason why I support AI here is because upscaling mogs be a monumental task for devs to do.

2 Likes

PANDAmonium.

Mists of . . . wait for it . . . wait for it . . . PANDAria

2 Likes

Oh I would be absolutely laughing so hard if they make it just like Plunderstorm. Outside of the game. Then what will the Andy’s and Stacy’s say?

There is no PvP it’s all pve, you just have to survive the mass chaos. Who will they blame next?

I would think if AI can make Will Smith eating spaghetti look as good as it does recently I don’t see why it couldn’t upscale every single piece of wow gear in the game.

Edit - I’d LOVE to see an upscaled warlock tier 5.

i think what they datamined were plunderstorm abilities since they had different levels ppl assumed it was a survivor type game

Some of them look really neat. Others look like the saturation / hue filter was cranked up and called it job done.

I hope we can earn these for our retail characters though because I want that Purple Thori’dal.

The recolors of the BT felhunter staff are pretty cool. I could live without the rest, though.

If these items are indeed from Pandamonium and the event winds up being like the Chromie scenario from legion, I could see myself unlocking every possible collectible. If it’s running timewalking dungeons, then I’ll leave it to the players who enjoy that content.

There’s a bunch of NPC-exclusive BC recolor gear I might have been all over years ago but at this point I’m not sure. Those textures are ancient (and yes I know I’m wearing the entirety of a BC set)

Eh TBC gear was great…in TBC. It isn’t too great now. It would be better if they had given higher rez versions of them. But that being said, this is Datamining. All we know is that these Recolors exist. Not what they are tied to.

And I also feel the need to point out that at no point in the Blue Post did Holy Longdale say that the next big experimental content was Timerunning Pandamonium. We’re making assumptions again. And we all know where that gets us.

Best to wait and see with this before any head cannons get solidified and expectations get too out of hand.

Yes to both, but the result for the former is not… great. You need to go in and fix a lot manually. The time saved ends up being rather minimal. AI upscaling is best used for static objects like grass, rocks, fences, etc. Things that does not move or animate a lot.

The monkey’s paw curls: the huge pixels now have beautiful textures