3 PvP servers?

They layer the entire server in one chunk.

We’re not getting shards.

No, I’m saying I’ve played both sides of it and I realize it’s ultimately a massive waste of time for both parties. There’s no reward, it’s just griefing. It’s not fun. It’s not entertaining. It’s not progressive. It’s literally only griefing. There’s no reward outside of making someone else unable to play.

That’s part of the maturity I was talking about. Realizing that progression is a necessity is more important than goofing around in suboptimal ways. Who cares about your 20-29 BG when you’re leveling? It doesn’t mean anything to anyone.

I’ve played PvP in WoW through 8 gladiator titles, Original HWL, Current GM, and DF S1 4 The Elite characters in one season. I’m aware of what PvP is, means, and entails. World PVP isn’t pvp. It’s ganking, and griefing.

The problem becomes that mega-servers thrive, and smaller servers die. Everyone levels on a small server, griefs/ninjas/somethings, and then transfers to the mega server. It sucks because if you’re an alt player, you’re dumping out a hundred bucks to transfer every time a server dies unless you’re going to the big server.

PvP is at an all-time low of participation across every aspect of WoW in every version. I don’t think PvP is as popular as you’re trying to imply it is, particularly world pvp. People play pvp servers so they can thumb their nose and brag about how they’re not a “pve carebear” or whatever, but Whitemane as an example has shown a consistent decline of active playerbase while having probably the highest RMT scene in classic history.

Excuse me? Did you just say I should voluntarily subject myself to having my play time ruined, be griefed, and waste my after-work hours of availability so that some 13 year old can “have fun at my expense” - as a sign of maturity? What adult would ever subject themselves to that? No. There’s a reason PvP servers are insanely toxic: Teenagers and young adults trying to flex.

Most players on most discords are expecting SoD Ashenvale-gank to last for maybe a week then die. Even with forced server pop, you can’t force people to play it. They’ll just play PvE instead. Look at classic era currently - Whitemane is shriveling and dying while guilds transfer out constantly to PvE realms because it’s just not worth it. You’re welcome to spend your time as you wish, but as a long-term goal targeting player I can’t think of anything less useful of my time than level 25 wPvP/PvPvE ganking in Ashenvale.

PvE server, Prot Paladin with the inevitable “I’m not making another warrior.” warrior alt.

Torture is only fun to the one that isn’t being tortured.

I sure will…Ooo…ooo…ahh…ahhh.