3% of the Player base must be thrilled

ITT: People don’t want allied races, unless they are just more customization options like skin color.

Vrykul, would be amazing. They could even add it in with next patch. Having a undead like Vrykul take us to the Shadowlands. Kind of like in mythology where you have to pay a gold coin to the ferry guy who takes you to the underworld.

I definitely think you guys should get Vrykul. Then Horde can get the Ogres. Two rough and tough races.

1 Like

Boy adding lots of new races sure seems to have opened the floodgates to whining.

2 Likes

Got your point, thank you for answering.
I think the best allied race for Alliance by far is dark iron dwarf. They really came late for our ranks.

But, ren’dorei is a mutation. They really changed a lot, enough to be a role new nation/race that need a more deep development.
LF Draenei is about the army of the light, and I do agree it should be a customization.
Kul’tiran is a human nation that bring us another ‘human body’ type. It was great for me because it bringed us a role new culture (at same already known by citations in game) of a forgotten human kingdom.

1 Like

so… my point still stands. they’re not a new race, as much as just one with new limbs. a.k.a a new skin taking up an allied-race spot.

So in other words, your entire argument exists because you are taking the term “Allied races” 100% literally?

The borg can be an insidious lot, I imagine Borg Gnomes are no different, well maybe a bit cheerier with their bubble gum pink pig tails.

1 Like

pretty much. i mean, heck, most allied races are actually different races from the ones they’re based on.

But Highmountain aren’t a different race than Tauren.

They got antlers from a diety blessing. They are still Tauren.

1 Like

This is where you are wrong though. About 1 or 2 of the allied races could be considered “new”. In reality the allied races that are exact replicas should of just been added to the barber shop. So people could toggle through them at will instead of having to pay real life $ for a reskin.

Only 2 of the allied races are on a new skeleton model, Kul Tiran, and Zandalari Trolls… all the others are just reskins. NOT new… The best way to put it is like this.

The original Worgen models were “New” because we never had that skeleton before and the race was entirely new to WoW as a playable race. Then they remodeled the already existing worgens. Would you consider that a new race? No any sane person would not.

The Ironhorns that live at the top of Highmountain don’t even have the antlers, for some strange reason…

let me refer you to my previous statement.

So what you are saying is Antlers are a dominant gene?

Still the same race.

At least there’s a lot of lore behind mechanical gnomes

2 Likes

Sure, it could be that void elves end up creating their own nation, but how will their reproduction work? The very core of their being is corrupted, most likely they can’t reproduce and if they can, the child would 100% fall to the void as soon as it is born or worse, cause a miscarriage to the mother.
Their current method of creating new void elves probably consist of the good will of Locus Walker since we do know new ones are being created and it’s unlikely that there is a huge number of an already small amount of people, the high elves/blood elves willing to learn “Evil magic that corrupts its wielder”.

As for Kul’Tirans, while I do agree, it was nice to see their kingdom since it was talked much about it in the lore, but in the end, they are just… Humans, I mean, there isn’t even a good guy main character Kul’Tiran that use the new models, they are all standard human models.

1 Like

The developers themselves stated that allied races do not have to share anything either racially or culturally with an existing race.

1 Like

Being FEL tainted did not stop Orcs from reproducing.

1 Like

Don’t forget Horde got more elves also… plus more orcs, and more tauren

Pretty sure some will leave Alliance to roll Vulpera though.

1 Like