3% of the Player base must be thrilled

Saberon, would use the Worgen model and essentially take up that allied race slot.

Not after the required stay in the NICU where suitable mechapendages are applied.

1 Like

No seriously Blizzard, what allied race is the Alliance getting?

Give us something interesting. Fat guys, dwarves we already should have had as a skin option (we got Wildhammer tattoos a while ago), and shinier Draenei are boring. Void elves are the most interesting allied race but that’s because it’s the closest thing to high elves.

Horde is getting adorable fennec foxes, dinosaur trolls, and their own night elves. Highmountain and Mag’har could have been alternate skins. But they have three interesting allied races.

Make me want to unlock the race. That hasn’t happened since Legion.

4 Likes

Yes it’s official. The foxes are horde and gnomes for alliance.

1 Like

I actually really like gnomes, if they could be paladins I’d racechange in a heartbeat.

but mechagnomes? maybe it’s just me, but the quad amputation gnomes are a little unsettling.

1 Like

How? The culture are kind close, yes, but I’m sure the mecanization process changed them a lot.
I don’t get your point here. Are you saying the gnomes shouldn’t have an allied race?

1 Like

You see it as a disappointment for goblin fans, but everyone else sees it as Horde essentially getting a brand new race that isn’t culturally based off of an existing one.

2 Likes

my answer is correct. mechagnomes are’nt… what’s the word… genetic? genetically different enough to be counted as another race. they’re still just gnomes.

Vulpera are a cool, unique race players actually wanted… like Nightborne. So of course they’re Horde.

For the Horde!

1 Like

Not gonna lie . . . Borg-nomes were my last choice of allied race as they only further add to the theme of alliance allied races “this race but with more that thing they are known for”. That said, I will be trying one at some point and am happy for the folks that wanted these races. Now if only they could make high elves and forest trolls happen . . .sigh

My entire argument is pointing out the fact that giving Tauren antlers isn’t compelling. It’s easy work for the developers shrouded under the guise of them being a “new race” which you fell for.

They are literally Tauren with antlers. There is nothing more unique in that regard than Mechagnomes.

1 Like

I’m a hardcore Blizzard and BfA white knight that plays Horde and even I think this was a horrible idea. So few people actually play Gnomes anyway, lol.

They’ll become considerably more popular if Tinker ever becomes a thing.

1 Like

by your logic, they’re not an allied ‘race’ as much as an allied upgrade. that’s not what they’re being classified as though. an allied race would imply they’re another RACE, not the same race. sub-race, sure, but mechagnomes are’nt even that, they’re not a different kind of gnome, they’re the same kind but with different limbs.

No, I am saying gnomes should have gotten an allied race, not gnomes with upgrades, an actual race. Goblin allied race will Vulpera - same models, different race.

You know what saddens me? The only race we got was Dark Iron Dwarf this xpac.

Void elves - Blood elves with void corruption.
LF Draenei - Draenei infused even more by the Light
Kul’Tiran - Humans that eat too much.

8 Likes

There are 22 other races in game. It’s ok to not like all of them, art is subjective, but you can still be happy for those who do like mechagnomes. Not everything has to appeal to everyone.

4 Likes

I agree but the OP is making a valid argument that more choices is better than the same choices.

1 Like

One mans trash is another mans mechagnome.

Aesthetically pleasing is in the eye of the beholder.

4 Likes

I’m not here to discuss the background of their heritage.

I’m merely stating that the design and concept holds the same relevance and weight of the other horde AR under a developers point of view. You are looking at this as a lore buff.

GNOMANITY BE PRAISED!

(Definitely gonna roll one when they come out.)

5 Likes